Uganda Visa For South Sudanese Citizens - Requirements & Fee
About 19km north of Kisoro, southern Uganda, you'll find Lake Mutanda. Lake Mutanda is located in the foothills of the Virunga Mountains, a mountain with an elevation of about 1790 meters.
Around Uganda's volcanic region, travelers have the opportunity to explore tourist attractions such as Mount Gahina, Mount Muhabura, and Mount Sabinyo. In addition, there are islands around Lake Mutanda with lakeside forests and floodplains, which are ideal homes for endangered gorillas.
In addition to exploring the living area of the gorillas here, visitors should not miss another tourist destination, Mgahinga National Park, near Lake Mutanda. Some animals you can only find in this area such as Uganda cranes, kingfishers, and ibis for example.
Are you searching for an adventure in the wild? Enjoy the calm in nature? Uganda is a destination on your list. Apply now at the Uganda Immigration Services, our experts will assist you with the process and necessary information when applying for a visa.
Uganda Visa Requirements For South Sudanese Citizens
South Sudan is not on the list of countries exempted from visas when entering Uganda, therefore, a visa is REQUIRED for South Sudanese citizens.
In this section, we will introduce the types of visas that are accessible for travelers. Applicants do pay attention to how these visas function and their purposes.
- Transit visa
- This visa is a single-entry visa that allows travelers to enter Uganda for 07 days before they move to the main destination. This visa is not extensible.
- Tourist visa
- Applying for this visa if you want to visit Uganda for tourism purposes. With this visa, you are allowed up to 90 days (3 months) and a single entry to Uganda.
- East Africa visa
- When holding this visa, travelers are granted multiple entries to explore the entire East Africa region for 90 days (3 months). This visa is not extensible.
For the next step, we will fill you in on visa requirements. This stage is very important as well. Failure to meet these requirements can cause problems and result in delaying the visa process and worse, your visa could be refused.
- A valid and original South Sudan passport without any modification.
- The passport’s expiration date must still be at least 06 months or more.
- Additional 02 unused pages for visa stamps.
Providing additional documentation may be required when applying for a Ugandan e-visa.
- Applicants require proof of Yellow Fever Vaccination as well to enter Uganda.
- A copy of biographical information.
- Hotel reservations if any
- Flight tickets if any
Applying For An Uganda Visa For South Sudanese Citizens
As a South Sudanese citizen, you will need a visa to enter Uganda. Here are the steps you can follow to apply for an Uganda visa:
- Select the Uganda visa type: Uganda offers different types of visas, including tourist visas, business visas, and transit visas. You should determine which type of visa you need based on the purpose of your travel.
- Gather the required documents: You will need to gather the necessary documents to support your visa application. This may include a passport with at least six months validity, a recent passport-sized photo, a completed visa application form, proof of travel arrangements, and proof of sufficient funds to cover your stay in Uganda.
- Apply for the visa: Complete an online visa form by selecting "Apply Visa".
- Pay the visa fee: You will need to pay the visa fee, which varies depending on the type of visa you are applying for and the length of your stay in Uganda. You can pay the fee online or at the embassy or consulate.
- Wait for processing: After submitting your application and paying the fee, you will need to wait for your visa to be processed. The processing time can vary, so it's best to apply well in advance of your planned travel dates.
- Collect your visa: Once your visa is approved, you can collect it from the embassy or consulate, or download it from the eVisa website if you applied online.
It's important to note that visa requirements and processes can change, so it's always a good idea to check the latest information with the Ugandan embassy or consulate in your country before applying.
Rush Visa Service
Sudanese applicants can find out more details about the type of processing time service below. It should be noted that the service has additional charges and costs vary depending on your choice.
- Standard Processing - This is the most low-cost service.
- The time to finish your visa is within 03 business days. The visa will be emailed to you once it is approved.
- Urgent Processing - An additional service charge of $79 is required.
- Once the visa application is approved, you will receive the visa permit via email within 48 hours.
- Super Urgent Processing - An additional service charge of $99 is required.
- The visa permit will be emailed to you within 24 hours, or on the same day.
Uganda Visa Fee For South Sudanese Citizens
Service fee and Government fee are 2 mandatory fees that Sudanese citizens need to pay when applying for an e-visa to Uganda.
Travel Insurance or COVID-19 is not necessarily required, but it does play an important role in your long trip. Your own insurance may not be able to cover the costs of your incident in Uganda.
To make a visa payment, Sudanese citizens please keep in mind that our system currently only accepts the following methods of payment:
- For online payment, Sudanese citizens can use Mastercard, Visa, Paypal, and American Express.
- For direct deposit, we accept the Bank of Cyprus.
Pick-up service and Uganda eSim are our two (02) add-on services for Sudanese citizens when applying for a visa to Uganda via Uganda Immigration Services.