Uganda Visa For South Sudanese Citizens - Requirements & Fee
About 19km north of Kisoro, southern Uganda, you'll find Lake Mutanda. Lake Mutanda is located in the foothills of the Virunga Mountains, a mountain with an elevation of about 1790 meters.
Around Uganda's volcanic region, travelers have the opportunity to explore tourist attractions such as Mount Gahina, Mount Muhabura, and Mount Sabinyo. In addition, there are islands around Lake Mutanda with lakeside forests and floodplains, which are ideal homes for endangered gorillas.
In addition to exploring the living area of the gorillas here, visitors should not miss another tourist destination, Mgahinga National Park, near Lake Mutanda. Some animals you can only find in this area such as Uganda cranes, kingfishers, and ibis for example.
Are you searching for an adventure in the wild? Enjoy the calm in nature? Uganda is a destination on your list. Apply now at the Uganda Immigration Services, our experts will assist you with the process and necessary information when applying for a visa.
Uganda Visa Requirements For South Sudanese Citizens
South Sudan is not on the list of countries exempted from visas when entering Uganda, therefore, a visa is REQUIRED for South Sudanese citizens.
In this section, we will introduce the types of visas that are accessible for travelers. Applicants do pay attention to how these visas function and their purposes.
- Transit visa
- This visa is a single-entry visa that allows travelers to enter Uganda for 07 days before they move to the main destination. This visa is not extensible.
- Tourist visa
- Applying for this visa if you want to visit Uganda for tourism purposes. With this visa, you are allowed up to 90 days (3 months) and a single entry to Uganda.
- East Africa visa
- When holding this visa, travelers are granted multiple entries to explore the entire East Africa region for 90 days (3 months). This visa is not extensible.
For the next step, we will fill you in on visa requirements. This stage is very important as well. Failure to meet these requirements can cause problems and result in delaying the visa process and worse, your visa could be refused.
- A valid and original South Sudan passport without any modification.
- The passport’s expiration date must still be at least 06 months or more.
- Additional 02 unused pages for visa stamps.
Providing additional documentation may be required when applying for a Ugandan e-visa.
- Applicants require proof of Yellow Fever Vaccination as well to enter Uganda.
- A copy of biographical information.
- Hotel reservations if any
- Flight tickets if any
Applying For An Uganda Visa For South Sudanese Citizens
As a South Sudanese citizen, you will need a visa to enter Uganda. Here are the steps you can follow to apply for an Uganda visa:
- Select the Uganda visa type: Uganda offers different types of visas, including tourist visas, business visas, and transit visas. You should determine which type of visa you need based on the purpose of your travel.
- Gather the required documents: You will need to gather the necessary documents to support your visa application. This may include a passport with at least six months validity, a recent passport-sized photo, a completed visa application form, proof of travel arrangements, and proof of sufficient funds to cover your stay in Uganda.
- Apply for the visa: Complete an online visa form by selecting "Apply Visa".
- Pay the visa fee: You will need to pay the visa fee, which varies depending on the type of visa you are applying for and the length of your stay in Uganda. You can pay the fee online or at the embassy or consulate.
- Wait for processing: After submitting your application and paying the fee, you will need to wait for your visa to be processed. The processing time can vary, so it's best to apply well in advance of your planned travel dates.
- Collect your visa: Once your visa is approved, you can collect it from the embassy or consulate, or download it from the eVisa website if you applied online.
It's important to note that visa requirements and processes can change, so it's always a good idea to check the latest information with the Ugandan embassy or consulate in your country before applying.
Rush Visa Service
Sudanese applicants can find out more details about the type of processing time service below. It should be noted that the service has additional charges and costs vary depending on your choice.
- Standard Processing - This is the most low-cost service.
- The time to finish your visa is within 03 business days. The visa will be emailed to you once it is approved.
- Urgent Processing - An additional service charge of $79 is required.
- Once the visa application is approved, you will receive the visa permit via email within 48 hours.
- Super Urgent Processing - An additional service charge of $99 is required.
- The visa permit will be emailed to you within 24 hours, or on the same day.
Uganda Visa Fee For South Sudanese Citizens
Service fee and Government fee are 2 mandatory fees that Sudanese citizens need to pay when applying for an e-visa to Uganda.
Travel Insurance or COVID-19 is not necessarily required, but it does play an important role in your long trip. Your own insurance may not be able to cover the costs of your incident in Uganda.
To make a visa payment, Sudanese citizens please keep in mind that our system currently only accepts the following methods of payment:
- For online payment, Sudanese citizens can use Mastercard, Visa, Paypal, and American Express.
- For direct deposit, we accept the Bank of Cyprus.
Pick-up service and Uganda eSim are our two (02) add-on services for Sudanese citizens when applying for a visa to Uganda via Uganda Immigration Services.
Uganda Visa Requirements for South Sudan Citizens FAQs
Yes, South Sudanese citizens are required to obtain a visa before traveling to Uganda. Uganda has specific visa requirements for different nationalities, including South Sudanese. The visa allows entry into Uganda for various purposes, such as tourism, business, or visiting family and friends.
To apply for a visa, South Sudanese citizens need to fulfill certain requirements and provide the necessary documentation. It is important to note that visa requirements and regulations can change, so it is advisable to check with our service or embassy in South Sudan for the most up-to-date information before making any travel plans. For more information, navigate to the Uganda e-visa requirements section and select your citizenship.
Yes, it is possible to obtain a visa upon arrival at Entebbe International Airport in Uganda. The visa-on-arrival option is available for citizens of most countries, including South Sudan. This means that South Sudanese travelers can apply for and receive their visa at the airport upon arrival, making the process more convenient for those who have not obtained a visa in advance.
However, there are several advantages to why you should consider applying for a Uganda visa online (e-visa) instead of opting for a visa on arrival in Uganda.
- Convenience: You can easily access the application form online and submit all the required documents electronically, eliminating the need to be physically present at the Embassy.
- Time-saving: By obtaining an e-visa in advance, you can save valuable time upon arrival in Uganda, you can bypass these queues and proceed directly to the immigration counter for faster entry.
- Avoid uncertainty and potential issues: Applying for an e-visa ensures that you obtain the necessary travel documents before your trip. This eliminates the risk of being denied entry or facing complications upon arrival due to insufficient documents or other unforeseen circumstances.
By applying for an e-visa, you can make a preparation beforehand with peace of mind. For more details about the price, please see the Uganda e-visa fees section.
When applying for a visa to Uganda, South Sudanese citizens need to submit several documents. The specific requirements may vary depending on the purpose of travel, such as tourism, transit, or visiting the East Africa region. However, the general documents required for a Uganda visa application include:
1. A valid South Sudanese passport: South Sudanese applicants must have an original passport that is valid for at least 06 months beyond the intended date of arrival in Uganda. The passport should have blank pages for visa stamps.
2. A copy of your biographical information: Applicants please prepare an additional copy of the biographical page, which you can find on the first page of the passport.
3. E-visa application form: South Sudanese applicants need to fill out the visa application form accurately and legibly. To begin the application, select "Apply Visa".
4. A passport-sized photograph: Two recent passport-sized photographs that meet the specified requirements, such as size, background color, and clarity, should be included with the visa application.
5. A Debit/ Credit Card: South Sudanese applicants need to pay the required visa fee, which may vary depending on the type of visa and the applicant's nationality.
6. Proof of Yellow Fever Vaccination: A vaccination certificate of Yellow Fever is required. Travelers must acquire it before entering the country.
7. Accommodation reservation information (if required).
We strongly advise that applicants understand and complete the above requirements before applying for a visa to Uganda. It will minimize any possible errors that may occur during the process.
South Sudanese citizens can apply for a Uganda visa online through the official e-visa portal. The online application process provides a convenient and efficient way to obtain a visa before traveling to Uganda.
South Sudanese applicants can access the website for Uganda's e-visa application via Uganda Immigration Services. Here are the steps to apply for a Uganda visa online:
1. Select "Apply Visa" to begin the application.
2. e-Visa application form: Fill out the online application form with accurate and up-to-date information. The form typically includes details such as personal information, travel plans, purpose of visit, and passport details.
3. Pay the e-visa fees: For more details about payment, kindly navigate to Uganda e-visa fees. The fee amount may vary depending on the type of visa and the applicant's nationality.
4. Submit the application: After completing the form and payment, South Sudanese applicants can submit their visa application online through the e-visa portal.
5. Submit supporting documents: South Sudanese applicants may be required to send us some supporting documents, such as a scanned copy of their passport, passport-sized photographs, and any additional documents specific to their purpose of travel.
Additionally, the e-visa portal always provides an option to track the status of the visa application. South Sudanese applicants can use this feature to monitor the progress of their application and receive updates on their visa status.
The cost of a visa from Uganda to South Sudan can vary depending on the type and duration of the visa. It is recommended to check the most accurate and up-to-date visa fee information on the Uganda Immigration Services website.
Typically, South Sudanese travelers are required to pay two types of visa fees: the Government fee and the service fee. The government fee is paid by the Uganda Immigration Department to grant a visa, while the service fee is the amount you have to pay for our services during your application process.
To submit the e-visa payment, kindly select one of the following options:
- Online payment: Our system accepts Visa, Mastercard, PayPal, and American Express.
- For wire transfers: Our system accepts the Bank of Cyprus.
It is important to note that visa fees can change over time and may vary based on factors such as visa category, duration, and nationality. Feel free to consult with our specialists for any information regarding your visa for Uganda.
Yes. South Sudanese applicants can track the status of their Uganda visa application. After submitting the visa application, South Sudanese applicants will receive a confirmation receipt along with a reference number. This reference number can be used to track the status of the visa application through the Uganda Immigration Services website of the Uganda Immigration Department.
To track their visa status, South Sudanese applicants can follow these steps:
1. Navigate to the designated visa application tracking portal at “Check Status”.
2. Enter the basic information and reference number provided at the time of application.
3. Submit the request to initiate the tracking process.
4. The system will provide the current status of the visa application, such as "processing", "approved", or "rejected".
Tracking the visa status provides applicants with real-time updates on the progress of their application and helps them stay informed about any additional requirements or actions needed. Keep in mind that this service is only provided only for applicants who use our services.
It is important to note that the processing time for visa applications may differ; therefore, we strongly recommend travelers apply for a visa at least 07 days before their intended departure date to allow sufficient time for the application to be processed.