Uganda Visa For Dutch Citizens - Requirements & Fees
Uganda is recognized for its biodiversity, which includes vast meadows, stunning waterfalls, and Victoria Lake, Africa's largest lake by area, which offers a variety of exciting activities.
Tourism is one of Uganda's most influential businesses, and the government has been developing new policies and regulations to maximize the benefits. The Uganda electronic visa is one of these options (e-visa). For further information, the Netherlands is on the Uganda e-visa application's eligibility list.
In this article, you'll learn everything you need to know about the Uganda e-visa for Dutch citizens, including the prerequisites and how to get one.
Uganda visa for Dutch citizens
Uganda Visa For Dutch Citizens
An Uganda visa is required for all international visitors entering Uganda. The Uganda e-visa for Dutch citizens is divided into three categories:
- Tourist e-visa: to enter Uganda for tourism and other similar activities. This e-visa allows visitors to stay in Uganda for up to 90 days from the day of their arrival with a single entry.
- Transit e-visa: for transit through Uganda or a brief journey of fewer than seven days, and this visa cannot be extended.
- East Africa visa: this is a form of synthetic visa that allows you to travel to East Africa, including 03 countries: Uganda, Kenya, and Rwanda. The entry point is Uganda, and you can enter many times as you wish. the total staying time is 90 days.
Uganda Visa Requirements For Dutch Citizens
The Uganda e-visa requirements for Dutch citizens are straightforward, and they include the following:
- A Dutch passport that is valid for at least 06 months from the date of your entry into Uganda and two blank pages for verification markings.
- A frequently used email address.
- A portrait photograph of your own.
- Confirm your arrival and departure dates.
- Accommodation or hotel reservations, if required.
- Flight ticket: you will be asked to provide a flight confirmation in order to ensure you will not overstay in Uganda for any reason.
- Dutch citizens should verify whether their credit or debit card has already been activated for online payments.
Uganda visa requirements for Dutch citizens
Applying For An Uganda Visa For Dutch Citizens
Once you've gathered everything you'll need, the rest is easy. The only thing left for you to do is fill out the Uganda visa application form for Dutch citizens. You should be able to complete it in about 10 minutes. If you need help with the steps, Uganda Immigration Services has an excellent support service that is always available for assistance.
Applicants must provide their basic information as well as some trip details. In addition, you will be asked to select a processing time for your application. Then you simply pay and select send. The Dutch application for an Uganda visa has been completed.
As you can see, obtaining an Uganda e-visa for Dutch citizens is a simple process. Simply get your ETA/e-Visa online, and you'll be able to get your access once you arrive in Uganda. The e-Visa you receive is valid for 90 days.
Cost of Uganda Visa for Dutch Citizens
Uganda e-Visa Fee For Dutch Citizens
When applying for an Uganda e-visa for Dutch citizens, you must pay two (2) types of Visa Fees: Service Fee and Government Fee. In addition, to preserve your benefits when traveling abroad, you can pay a nominal charge for Travel Insurance or COVID-19.
Applicants have 03 options for Uganda e-visa processing at Uganda Immigration Services. You can select the one that suits your need most, but keep in mind that each process requires a specific fee. Here are your options:
- Standard processing: Your e-visa will arrive within 03 business days if you choose this type. No extra fee requires.
- Urgent processing: If you choose this option, your visa application will be processed within 48 hours. Applicants are required to pay an extra fee with a visa.
- Super-Urgent processing: You will receive your e-visa within 24 hours if you choose this type of e-visa. This is also the most expensive service.
Payment method: you can pay in 02 ways: electronic payment (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or Paypal) or wire transfer ( the Bank of Cyprus transaction).
Uganda Visa Requirements for Netherlands Citizens FAQs
Yes, Dutch citizens need a visa to enter Uganda. Dutch visitors can get visas for Uganda in 02 ways:
- Ugandan Embassy: apply for a paper visa at the embassy. However, the traditional method may be a time-consuming and longer procedure.
- Uganda e-visa application: online visa, or e-visa, Dutch visitors can easily obtain an e-visa complete online. Apply for an Uganda e-visa now.
To visit Uganda, it is recommended that Dutch citizens apply for an e-visa through the Uganda Immigration Services website. The e-Visa application process allows travelers to complete the visa application online, submit the required documents, and make the necessary payment electronically. This streamlined process is generally more convenient and efficient compared to applying for a visa at the embassy or consulate.
We highly recommend Dutch citizens utilize our official website, Uganda Immigration Services, for their Uganda e-Visa application. Our website provides a secure and reliable platform specifically designed for the smooth processing of e-Visa applications. You can complete the entire visa application process from the comfort of your own home or office. There's no need to visit the embassy or consulate in person, saving you time and effort.
To begin, Dutch citizens will need to select apply for an Uganda e-visa and provide the required information in the application. However, do prepare the Uganda e-visa requirements first as recommended, the requirements will ensure a smooth process for applicants. They will need to provide personal and travel information, a copy of their passport, and a recent passport-size photograph, and pay the visa fee using a credit or debit card. Then, you can get your Uganda visa within 03 working days.
We strongly advise Dutch citizens to have the following documents done before applying for a visa to minimize any trouble with applications. The required documents are:
- A valid Dutch passport with at least six months of validity remaining from the date of entry into Uganda, and at least 02 blank pages.
- A copy of the passport's biographical information.
- A photograph: A recent passport-size photograph.
- A valid credit/ debit card: The visa fee can be paid online using a credit or debit card. For more details, please see the Uganda e-visa fees section.
- Travel plan: A copy of the traveler's itinerary or confirmed flight tickets (If any).
- Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate (If any).
- Proof of accommodation (If any).
We advise you to submit a visa application as soon as you can. Also, in order to minimize needless delays in processing and approval, applicants are urged to double-check all of the information provided before submitting the application form. If you require any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us at the Uganda Immigration Services.
The processing time for an Uganda visa application can vary depending on the type of visa and the method of application. It's worth noting that applicants should select the Rush Visa service which will suit their needs most, each processing time service requires the following fees:
- Standard processing: This option will result in the e-visa being delivered within 3 business days. Applicants must pay $69 for the processing.
- Urgent processing: Applicants who choose this option will be required to pay an additional fee of $79, and their visa application will be processed within 48 hours.
- Super-Urgent processing: The fastest processing option available, this service will result in the e-visa being delivered within 24 hours but comes at a higher cost, at $99.
Once the e-visa is approved, it will be sent to the email address provided during the application process. Dutch citizens can print out a copy of the e-visa to present at the port of entry in Uganda along with their passports.
To track the progress of your e-visa application, Dutch citizens can select "Check Status" on the homepage, then provide the basic information, reference number.
Once the visa application has been submitted, applicants will receive a reference number that they can use to track the status of their application online. They can log in to their eVisa account to check the status of their application, view any updates, and see if their visa has been approved.
In addition, applicants may also receive email updates regarding the status of their visa application, including when it has been approved and when it is ready to be downloaded.
This visa check status is only accessible for customers who use the service at the Uganda Immigration Services. It's important to note that processing times can vary, and it's always a good idea to apply for the visa well in advance of your trip to Uganda to allow enough time for processing.
Dutch citizens seeking to apply for an Uganda visa will need to pay both a Service Fee and a Government Fee. The government fee is paid to the Ugandan government in order to process your visa application. While the service fee is depending on the visa service you select, also includes the Rush Visa service fee.
In order to ensure maximum protection and benefit while traveling, they may also opt to pay an additional charge for Travel Insurance or COVID-19 coverage.
There are two payment methods available for Dutch citizens:
- Electronic payment using Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or Paypal
- And wire transfer through the Bank of Cyprus.
It is recommended to apply for the Uganda visa well in advance to allow for sufficient processing time.