Uganda e-Visa Requirements For Ethiopia Citizens
- 1. Uganda Visa Requirements For Ethiopian Citizens
- 2. How To Apply Online Uganda e-Visa From Ethiopia
- 3. Uganda e-Visa Fee For Ethiopian Citizens
Uganda Visa Requirements For Ethiopian Citizens: With extensive meadows, beautiful waterfalls, and Victoria Lake, Uganda offers a variety of thrilling activities. What do Ethiopian citizens need to prepare when they want to come to Uganda? Uganda Immigration Services will help you to get a Uganda e-Visa for Ethiopian citizens (electronic visa) in a very simple and fast way.
The tourism industry in Uganda is one of the biggest in the country, and the government has been working on new legislation and regulations to maximize the benefits.
One of these alternatives is the Uganda electronic visa (e-visa). Besides, Ethiopia is on the Uganda e-visa application's eligibility list for more information.
The Ugandan government has launched an electronic Visa (e-Visa) since 2016. Before arriving in Uganda, Ethiopia visitors must obtain an uganda visa for ethiopian passport by filling out an online application. So, How to apply for an e-Visa to Uganda from Ethiopia?
This article will explain Uganda e visa requirements for Ethiopian citizens, as well as the types and costs.
1. Uganda Visa Requirements For Ethiopian Citizens
To obtain a visa to Uganda from Ethiopia, trippers must have their passport, recent passport size photograph, a Uganda visa requirements form and some support documents.
Then the list of the requirements you need to meet:
- A legal Ethiopia passport that is valid for at least 6 months from the date of your arrival in Uganda and has at least 02 blank pages for verification markings
- Your photo has a visible face and background.
- Flight ticket (for an East Africa visa) to verify that your entry point is a port in Uganda.
There are also some additional documents that you may attach in order to obtain an eVisa for Uganda easier, including:
- Yellow fever vaccine certificate.
- Hotel booking
- A travel itinerary.
Get A Uganda Visa From Ethiopia
The country of Ethiopia is not on the list of exempt countries for Uganda visas, so Ethiopia citizens need to have a Uganda visa before traveling if they wish to enter the country.
Ethiopian citizens can apply for an Uganda visa online for Ethiopian citizens when visiting Uganda on vacation or for other short-term visits.
Types Of Uganda e-Visa For Ethiopian Citizens
Uganda e-visa for Ethiopian citizens is a legal document that allows you to enter Uganda for some specific reasons. In general, there are 03 types of Uganda e-Visas for Ethiopia:
- Uganda tourist e-visa: used to enter Uganda for the purpose of tourism and other associated conditioning. This single-entry e-visa allows you to stay in Uganda for 90 days from the day of your appearance, and it can be extended.
- Uganda transit e-visa: is for transiting through Uganda or having a brief trip of fewer than seven days because this type of e-visa allows you to stay in Uganda for only 07 days from the date of your arrival. This e-visa can not be extended.
- East Africa visa: This is a form of synthetic visa that lets you visit 03 countries: Uganda, Rwanda, and Kenya. With this type of visa, Uganda must be the first destination on your trip, and you can enter these countries as many times as you wish. The overall length of your stay is 90 days in total.
2. How To Apply Online Uganda e-Visa From Ethiopia
The operation form should take no further than 10 minutes to complete. Applying for an online Uganda visa form is very simple to understand, so it should not take you much time to complete.
- Step 1: Select the visa type and processing time you want.
- Step 2: in this step, you need to input some information about visa details and personal information, including: Full name, Gender, The Birth date, Nationality, Passport number, The date of your arrival/departure. Before entering the next step, you should carefully check the accuracy of the information you provide in this step.
- Step 3: Pay the Visa Cost.
- Step 4: Receive the confirmation about your visa order and wait for an e Visa to be sent to your email.
- Step 5: Track the progress of your Uganda eVisa in Check status.
The visa operation process is easy, isn't it? Communicate with us at the moment to start your solicitude-free visa processing.
Besides, Ethiopians can also apply to get a Uganda regular visa at Uganda Embassy in Ethiopia.
3. Uganda e-Visa Fee For Ethiopian Citizens
To apply for an e-Visa to Uganda from Ethiopia, you have to pay two (02) types of Uganda e-Visa Fee, which are called Service Fee and Government Fee.
Ethiopian citizens have to pay for the Government fee since Ethiopia is not on the exemption list of Uganda e-Visa.
The processing time charges base on the service options you select:
- Normal Uganda e-Visa: If you choose this service, you will receive your e-visa in 03 business days.
- Urgent Uganda e-Visa: With this e-visa option, you will receive your Uganda e-visa within 48 hours.
- Super urgent Uganda e-Visa: This is the quickest type of Uganda e-visa and can be obtained in as soon as 24 hours.
Payment method: You can pay your bill by 02 ways: electronic payment (Visa, Mastercard, American Express or Paypal) or your wire transfer (HSBC direct transaction).
In addition, we also highly recommend that you purchase Travel Insurance in order to protect your benefits while traveling and help your visa application be approved easier.
Notes After Applying For A e-Visa To Uganda From Ethiopia
After receiving a Uganda visa for Ethiopian citizens, you should print it out and bring a copy with you. Valid of the Uganda e-Visa for 03 months after it is issued, so you can travel during any of these times.
As you can see, obtaining a Visa to Uganda from Ethiopia has never been easier. You do not need to go to an embassy; you can apply from home at any time of day or night, with no hassle. It doesn't get much better than that.
Uganda Visa Requirements for Ethiopia Citizens FAQs
Before visiting Uganda, every Ethiopian passport holder must acquire an entry visa. For Ethiopians, applying for an electronic visa, also known as an e-Visa, is the quickest and most simple way, eliminating all other complicated processes. When your visa application is approved, you will receive an email notification as well as your visa in PDF format.
How to Apply: Please select Apply Visa to apply for an Uganda e-visa. Should applicants seek further information on visas, they might also visit the Uganda e-visa requirements.
Uganda Immigration Services provides 03 processing time services that can satisfy every customer’s need. We enable the option to select the processing time you require at a fixed cost. If you need your visa to be processed more quickly, you will have to pay a higher fee. The available processing time services are as follows.:
- The standard processing - the standard method will be processed within 03 business days. This is the most affordable choice for everyone.
- Rush processing - the timeframe is reduced by two business days (48 hours). This service will cost you an extra $79 for the service fee.
- Super Rush processing - this method is best for those who have a busy schedule. Processing time is within 24 hours. In terms of price, this service fee will set you back $99.
To guarantee a quick and efficient process, Ethiopian tourists should examine Uganda's e-visa criteria before applying. The following documents are visa requirements for Ethiopian citizens:
- A copy of the biographical page.
- A valid Ethiopian passport with at least 06 months from the arrival date in Uganda.
- The photograph of the applicant.
- An email address to receive the notification of the eVisa
- Proof of Yellow Fever vaccination (This is a must)
- Confirm your traveling plan (date of arrival & departure)
We strongly recommend that Ethiopian citizens apply for an Uganda visa online (e-visa). Following submitting the application form, Ethiopian applicants will receive the Uganda eVisa by email within 03 working days.
For a complete guide, please read more here Uganda visa requirements for Ethiopian citizens.
There are 03 types of e-visas for Ethiopian visitors. Each type of visa allows Ethiopian citizens to enter Uganda in accordance with their visa purposes. Ethiopian citizens also need to pay attention to comply with the allowable regulations of each type of visa:
- Tourist e-Visa - Ethiopian travelers who apply for this visa can travel to Uganda for tourism purposes. This visa grants a single entry for 90 days.
- East Africa e-Visa - This is a multiple entries visa that allows Ethiopian travelers to stay for 90 days for tourism purposes. The East Africa visa holders can travel to Uganda, Rwanda, and Kenya.
- Transit visa - This visa allows Ethiopian travelers to stay in Uganda for 07 days. This visa is a single entry only.
Where to apply: Ethiopian applicants can access Uganda online visa form at the Uganda Immigration Services website.
Uganda Immigration Services offers three processing times for visa services to Ethiopian travelers, and each service comes with a fixed rate. In addition, they also need to pay the non-refundable fee which is the Government fee and service fee.
The service fee is changed based on the processing time for their visa:
- Standard processing - Ethiopian applicants can receive their visas within 03 working days. This standard service is the cheapest option.
- Urgent processing - Selecting this service requires applicants to submit a service fee of $79, and the visa will be processed within 48 hours (02 days).
- Super-Urgent processing - The fastest processing service we provide, the visa will be processed within 24 hours for an extra $99.
Ethiopian citizens can apply for a visa on arrival. However, you will have to go through a process such as waiting in long lines and applying for a visa at the immigration checkpoint consumes time as well. In the worst scenario, you may have problems such as not providing enough documents or information. Believe this will make it more difficult and time-consuming to apply for a visa on arrival.
To avoid such troubles, the best option is to apply for a visa through the online portal on the Uganda Immigration Services website. All the information provided, together with our dedicated assistance, will make your visa application much more straightforward.
To find out more about the process of visa application as well as the visa requirements, please visit Uganda visa requirements for Ethiopian citizens.