Uganda visa requirements for Burkinabé citizens
Lake Katwe is situated in the west district of Kasese, north of Queen Elizabeth National Park. This section is well-known for having Uganda's most spectacular extinct volcano lakes. The section comprises up to 52 hollows, which can be explored for several days. Lake Katwe and Lake Nyamunuka are two of the popular extinct volcanoes in this area of the park. These 2 lakes are also excellent for trekking, with opportunities to see warthogs, flamingos, buffalos, hippos, and other animals.
Furthermore, Lake Katwe provides a source of earnings for locals through salt mining. whereas, other lakes serve as a variety of fishing, water supplies for animals, and water for household use, particularly outside the park. Only once you travel to Lake Katwe, will you be amazed by how much effort and risk the locals go through to ensure that salt is available to all local residents.
For Burkinabe citizens who wish to travel to Uganda, Uganda Immigration Services has been offering a remarkable e-visa service for foreign customers. We provide a full guide on how to apply as well as the requirements for an Uganda visa for citizens of Burkina Faso. Even better, we can handle most of the paperwork for you.
Uganda visa for citizens of Burkina Faso
Uganda Visa Requirements for Burkinabe Citizens
All Burkina Faso passport holders are REQUIRED to obtain an Uganda visa in order to enter Uganda. In order to enter Uganda comfortably, they must also satisfy the Uganda visa requirements:
- Burkina Faso passports are valid for at least 06 months after the arrival time.
- Burkina Faso passports have at least two blank pages for stamping by the Immigration Officer.
- A recent photo of the applicant, passport-sized.
- A scan of the passport’s biographical page
- Burkinabe citizens must vaccinate against Yellow Fever before entering Uganda. You are required to present the vaccination certification as well.
- Flight ticket information.
Burkinabe citizens can select an Uganda visa under these categories:
- Tourist Visa (Single-entry)
- You are granted permission to enter Uganda for tourism purposes, and you can remain in Uganda for up to 90 days from the arrival date.
- Transit Visa (Single-entry)
- This visa lets you enter Uganda as an interchange for the next subsequent flight. You have 07 days to transit through Uganda and visit some famous places in the country with the transit visa. This type of visa is valid for 03 months from the issued date and cannot be extended.
Do you know that you now can travel to Kenya, Uganda, and Rwanda using one visa?
- East Africa Visa (Multiple-entry)
- The East Africa visa grants travelers 90 days as well and you can enjoy all 3 countries as much as you like.
- You can extend this visa.
Uganda visa requirements for Burkinabe citizens
Applying for An Uganda Visa For Burkinabe Citizens
Uganda e-Visa is widely accepted and easily accessible, therefore, you will save a lot of time than going to the Embassy. Uganda Immigration Services is where you can apply for an Uganda visa for Burkinabe citizens. Do note that you must obtain this visa in advance instead of upon arrival.
Before you apply for an Uganda e-visa for Burkinabe citizens, our experts from Uganda Immigration Services highly recommend that you should have all the documents/ information ready.
Step 1: Acquire an online application on our website. Provide relevant information (In this step, visa details and personal information should be provided)
Step 2: Double-check all the details in the visa application form, then you can proceed to make the payment.
Step 3: After completing the form, you will receive a confirmation email of your visa application. You should check it carefully before clicking the “Submit” button.
Burkinabe citizens are advised to bring at least a copy of their visa during their trip to Uganda. The Immigration Officer at a border checkpoint may require you to present it upon your arrival.
The following services are optional and you may choose one to include in the application:
Regular Processing - Within 03 working days, you will receive your visa for Uganda.
Rush Processing - Within 48 hours, your visa will be sent to your email. However, you must pay an extra processing fee in order to receive your visa.
Super Rush Processing - Within 24 hours, your visa will be delivered to your email. As a result, you must pay an extra processing fee in order to receive your visa.
Uganda visa fee for Burkinabe citizens
Uganda Visa Fee for Burkinabe Citizens
In order for your application to be processed and approved, the Service Fee and the Government Fee must be paid in advance.
Nobody expects to involve medical attention while on a holiday, but it never hurts to be planned just in case. Being ill or injured unexpectedly while traveling can be burdensome and costly. So we suggest that Burkinabe citizens purchase Travel insurance or COVID-19 insurance just in case of emergency during their journey in Uganda.
Applicants can complete the payment via:
- Online payment: American Express, Visa, Mastercard, and Paypal.
- Direct deposit: the Bank of Cyprus.
Pick-up service and Uganda eSim are part of our add-on services when applicants apply for an e-Visa at Uganda Immigration Services.