Uganda Visa For Sri Lankan Citizens - Requirements & Fees
The Lake Katwe
Lake Katwe is well-known for its substantial salt output in Kasese, Uganda's southern region. The Queen Elizabeth National Park surrounds it.
Lake Katwe is a secret tourist destination in Uganda where salt is mined. It was formed almost 10,000 years ago by an ancient volcanic explosion.
A visit to Katwe Lake allows visitors to learn more about the potential of salt water and to interact with salt miners about their salt harvesting experiences. This mine has been in operation since the 16th century, and miners are familiar with ancient salt extraction processes.
Are you planning a trip to Uganda from Sri Lanka? What type of visa is available and how to apply for one? Our experts will assist international travelers as well as citizens of Sri Lanka to obtain a visa to Uganda with ease and convenience. Find out more information by visiting our service website at Uganda Immigration Services.
Type of Uganda Visas For Sri Lankan Citizens
Do Sri Lankan visitors require a visa in order to access Uganda?
YES. Sri Lanka is not visa-free to enter Uganda, so Sri Lankan citizens are required to obtain a visa before traveling to Uganda.
If Sri Lankan citizens want to travel to Uganda, they can apply for 3 types of e-visas. More information about the three types of visas is listed below:
- Tourist visa - This is the most common visa for tourists. Sri Lankan travelers will be granted 90 days (3 months) and a single entry to Uganda. Travelers are not allowed to work when holding a tourist visa.
- East Africa visa - With this visa, travelers can explore the entire East Africa region freely within 90 days period. This is a visa for tourism purposes as well, thus you are prohibited from working.
- Transit visa - This visa is valid for 07 days with a single entry. Travelers can transit to Uganda before moving to the next destination.
Uganda Visa Requirements For Sri Lankan Citizens
Citizens from Sri Lanka are required to accomplish the following requirements to qualify for a visa to Uganda.
- The applicant needs to hold a valid Sri Lanka passport.
- Please ensure that your passport also has 06 months remaining validity, and 02 blank pages to acquire a visa stamp.
- A biographical details copy.
- A photograph of the applicants on white background.
When applying for a Ugandan e-visa, you may be required to provide additional documentation to support your application.
- Applicants also require to obtain a certificate of Yellow Fever Vaccination to enter Uganda.
- Verify the date of arrival and departure from Uganda.
- Hotel reservation & flight tickets if applicable
Apply For Uganda Visa For Sri Lankan Citizens
Applying for an Uganda visa is very easy and straightforward if you follow our instructions below.
- Step 1: Select "Apply Visa". Applicants complete the form by filling in their personal details. Applicants must make sure the details are correct.
- Step 2: Select your preferred method of payment, then submit your visa application.
- Step 3: Submit some supporting documents and wait for the visa approval
- Step 4: Make sure to download and print your visa in PDF format attached to the email once it is received.
Once you have done step 4, the rest is just waiting for a visa to be emailed to you. It will take up to 03 business days.
Processing Time Service
More information about processing time service (or Rush Visa) will be provided in this short section. Please note that there is an additional service charge applied depending on your choice.
- Normal Service
- The service ensures that the visa will be delivered to your email address within 03 working days at a reasonable cost.
- Urgent Service
- If selecting an urgent service, the visa will be delivered to your email within 48 hours with an extra service cost of $79.
- Super Urgent Service
- If selecting super urgent service, your visa will be emailed within 24 hours, or on the same day after submitting your visa application. The extra service charge is $99.
Uganda Visa Fee For Sri Lankan Citizens
When applying for an e-visa to Uganda on our platform, Sri Lankan applicants are obligated to submit Service Fee and Government Fee.
Long-distance trips can have the potential for unfortunate and unexpected events, your insurance may not be able to cover these situations. We recommend that you prepare Travel Insurance is highly recommended for situations like these, and travel insurance will increase your chances of getting a visa.
At Uganda Immigration Services, we accept the following payment methods:
- Applicants can submit payments using Visa, Mastercard, Paypal, and American Express.
- For direct deposit, applicants please use the Bank of Cyprus.
Our service also supports Sri Lankan applicants with pick-up service and Uganda eSim when they apply for an Uganda visa.