Uganda Visa For American Citizens - Requirements & Fees
- 1. What Is An Uganda e-Visa?
- 2. Uganda e-Visa Requirements For American Citizens
- 3. How to Apply For An Uganda Visa Online (e-Visa) For American Citizens
- 4. Uganda e-Visa Processing Time And Fee
- 5. Before Traveling To Uganda From The United States (US)
Uganda is known for wildlife, including immense meadows, majestic waterfalls, and Victoria Lake, the biggest lake in Africa and the second biggest in the world with many interesting activities there.
Tourism is one of the leading industries in Uganda, and the government has been creating new policies and regulations to make as many opportunities as possible. One of those solutions is the Uganda electronic visa (e-visa). For more information, the United States is on the eligibility list for the Uganda e-visa application.
Uganda e-visa for American citizens
1. What Is An Uganda e-Visa?
An Uganda visa is a necessary document for any foreigners when entering Uganda.
At present, Uganda Government provides 3 types of Uganda e-visas for American citizens. The available e-visas include:
- Tourist e-visa: used when you want to enter Uganda for tourism and other related purposes. With this e-visa, you can stay in Uganda within 90 days from the date of your arrival and this type can be extended.
- Transit e-visa: used for transit purposes through Uganda or a short trip within 07 days because, with this type of e-visa, you can stay in Uganda within 07 days from the date of your arrival and this type cannot be extended.
- East Africa visa: this is a synthetic visa type that allows you to enter 3 countries: Uganda, Rwanda, and Kenya. You can enter simultaneously multiple times and Uganda is the first destination. Your total staying time is 90 days from the date of your first arrival and this type can be extended.
2. Uganda e-Visa Requirements For American Citizens
American citizens must meet certain requirements in order to apply online. However, Uganda Immigration Services requires very little effort on your part, and you should be able to obtain all of them with ease. What you'll need is as follows:
- A legal US passport that is valid for at least 06 months from the date of your arrival and a blank page for verification markings.
- A photograph of yourself in any version.
- Flight ticket: Confirm your date of arrival & departure.
- Additional documents: you will add the following documents in your submission folder to increase your chances of getting accepted: Yellow fever vaccine certificate, proof of accommodation, hotel booking, and travel itinerary.
3. How to Apply For An Uganda e-Visa For American Citizens
Applying for an Uganda visa is simple and straightforward, it should take you about 15 minutes to complete. If you need assistance, our services provide an excellent support service that is available on chat and phone 24/7 every day.
The application form consists of four easy steps:
Step 1: Fill in the blanks with your visa information such as the number of applicants, type of Visa, transportation method, destination, processing Time, and additional services.
Step 2: Enter your personal information here.
Step 3: Pay for your order's cost. You can pay with a credit/debit card or with a Paypal account.
Step 4: Double-check your order details.
As you can see, filing to our website online form save you more time than going to an embassy.
4. Uganda e-Visa Fee For American Citizens
To get an Uganda e-visa, American citizens have to pay two (02) kinds of visa fees, which were called Service fee and Government fee. In addition, you can consider adding an additional travel insurance service to keep your benefits when traveling overseas.
The Rush Visa service is customizable depending on which of the 03 following service categories you select from the list:
- Standard service: When selecting this service option, you will obtain your e-visa within three business days.
- Urgent service: You will receive an e-visa in two working days if you choose this e-visa type.
- Super-urgent service: the quickest sort of e-visa, which you can get in one working day.
The total price will depend on the type of e-Visa and also how soon you want it. Keep in mind that both those factors influence your bill.
5. Traveling To Uganda With Uganda Immigration Services
A digital copy of the Uganda e-visa for American citizens will be emailed through the email address that they provided in their application.
After applying, the e-Visa will be processed and delivered within 03 Business Days.
Once received, American citizens should print a copy. When entering Uganda, this must be presented at immigration control, along with the same passport that was registered when they applied.
As you can see, obtaining an Uganda visa for American citizens has never been easier. You do not need to go to an embassy; you can apply from home at any time of day or night, with no hassle. Prepare for your trip with us today!
Uganda Visa Requirements for United States Citizens FAQs
Yes, American citizens need a visa to travel to Uganda. However, they can apply for a Uganda e-visa to simplify the process. The e-visa is an electronic travel authorization that allows US citizens to enter Uganda for various purposes, including tourism, short-term business, or transit. It is recommended to apply for the Uganda e-visa before traveling to avoid any complications upon arrival.
To apply for an Uganda visa online, US citizens can go to the Uganda Immigration Services website. We provide complete information for e-visa requirements as well as convenient e-visa application services for US citizens.
Unfortunately, Uganda does not offer visa-on-arrival for US citizens. Therefore, visitors must apply for a visa online before traveling to Uganda. Travelers must obtain their visas in advance, and the e-visa is the most convenient option. There are three types of e-visas available in Uganda:
- East Africa e-visa, which allows multiple entries to Uganda, Kenya, and Rwanda. The East Africa e-visa grants a maximum duration of stay of 90 days. Visitors are free to move around the 3 countries during this period.
- Tourist e-visa, for leisure travel; vacation purposes. However, this e-visa type allows a single entry into Uganda. Visitors can stay up to 90 days.
- Transit e-visa, for those transiting through Uganda. The transit e-visa expires in 7 days and cannot be extended. However, visitors are allowed to engage in any tourist activities during this period.
Do note that the mention-above visas do not allow visitors to engage in any form of employment activities during their stay. For legal employment or work permits, please contact the Uganda embassy for the appropriate services. Apply for Uganda tourist e-visa now, or contact us right away if you have other concerns.
In this section, we will provide a list of basic requirements for Uganda e-visa. To apply for an Uganda e-visa, US citizens are required to submit the following documents:
- Passport: A valid US passport with at least 06 months of validity beyond the intended stay in Uganda. Additionally, the passport must have at least a blank page for visa endorsement.
- Digital Passport Photo: A recent, color passport-sized photograph in digital format.
- Flight information: Proof of a round-trip or onward flight ticket. Ensure that you will not overstay your e-visa duration.
- Yellow Fever Certification: A certificate showing vaccination against yellow fever, which is mandatory for entry to Uganda.
- Travel plan: Details of accommodation reservations and planned activities in Uganda.
- A Valid Email Address: To receive notifications and the approved e-visa.
- Payment Method: A valid credit or debit card for paying the Uganda e-visa fees. Read more about Uganda e-visa fees.
Before beginning the e-visa application, we strongly advise applicants to complete these requirements in order to minimize the issues which can occur during the application process. For more information and other related services, visit Uganda Immigration Services right away.
The process of applying for Uganda e-visa is conducted entirely online. In general, the process should take less than 20 minutes to complete, assuming you have completed all the above requirements. US citizens can apply for an Uganda e-visa at the Uganda Immigration Services. Here are the steps to apply for a Uganda e-visa:
- Select “Apply Visa”: Choose the appropriate visa type based on your travel purpose (e.g., tourist, business, or transit).
- Complete the Application: Fill in the required personal information, and travel details, and upload the necessary documents.
- Submit Application: Double-check all the information and submit your e-visa application. Pay the relevant visa fee using a credit or debit card.
Once the application is through, allow 03 business days for processing the visa application. Applicants will receive a confirmation email immediately after submission. Additionally, the email will also include a reference number which you can use to track your application status. To track your application status, select “Check Status” and fill in the required information.
The Rush Visa service for an Uganda e-visa varies depending on the service chosen. Do keep in mind that there are specific fees required for each processing choice, therefore, applicants should select the service that is best suited for their needs:
- Standard Processing: This usually takes around 3 business days to get your e-visa approved. The service is $69.
- Rush Processing: If you opt for rush processing, your e-visa will be processed within 2 business days. This service charges a fee of $79.
- Super-Rush Processing: For urgent travel needs, super-rush processing ensures e-visa approval within 24 hours. The service fee is $99.
When applying for an e-visa to Uganda, it’s important to note that US citizens must submit 2 types of fees: the Government fees and the Service fees.
The government fee is paid to the Ugandan government to proceed with the e-visa application. In contrast, the service fee is paid for the service you select at the Uganda Immigration Services. The service also includes the cost of the processing time service mentioned above.
For Uganda e-visa payment, applicants can select one of the following methods below:
- e-Visa online payment: We accept Visa, Mastercard, Paypal, and American Express.
- For direct deposit: Our system accepts the Bank of Cyprus
Yes, it is advisable to carry a printed copy of your approved e-visa with you when traveling to Uganda. While the e-visa is electronically linked to your passport, having a physical copy can be helpful in case of any technical issues or as proof of your travel authorization. Additionally, it is recommended to keep a soft copy of the e-visa accessible on your mobile device for added convenience during your journey.
For more information as well as assistance, please contact us at the Uganda Immigration Services.