Uganda Visa For US Citizens - Requirements & Fees
- 1. What Is An Uganda e-Visa?
- 2. Uganda e-Visa Requirements For US Citizens
- 3. How to Apply For An Uganda Visa Online (e-Visa) For US Citizens
- 4. Uganda e-Visa Processing Time And Fee
- 5. Before Traveling To Uganda From The United States (US)
Uganda is known for wildlife, including immense meadows, majestic waterfalls, and Victoria Lake, the biggest lake in Africa and the second biggest in the world with many interesting activities there.
Tourism is one of the leading industries in Uganda, and the government has been creating new policies and regulations to make as many opportunities as possible. One of those solutions is the Uganda electronic visa (e-visa). For more information, the United States is on the eligibility list for the Uganda e-visa application.
Uganda e-visa for US citizens
1. What Is An Uganda e-Visa?
An Uganda visa is a necessary document for any foreigners when entering Uganda.
At present, Uganda Government provides 3 types of Uganda e-visas for travelers. The available e-visas include:
- Tourist e-visa: used when you want to enter Uganda for tourism and other related purposes. With this e-visa, you can stay in Uganda within 90 days from the date of your arrival and this type can be extended.
- Transit e-visa: used for transit purposes through Uganda or a short trip within 07 days because, with this type of e-visa, you can stay in Uganda within 07 days from the date of your arrival and this type cannot be extended.
- East Africa visa: this is a synthetic visa type that allows you to enter 3 countries: Uganda, Rwanda, and Kenya. You can enter simultaneously multiple times and Uganda is the first destination. Your total staying time is 90 days from the date of your first arrival and this type can be extended.
2. Uganda e-Visa Requirements For US Citizens
You must meet certain requirements in order to apply online. However, Uganda Immigration Services requires very little effort on your part, and you should be able to obtain all of them with ease. What you'll need is as follows:
- A legal US passport that is valid for at least 06 months from the date of your arrival and a blank page for verification markings.
- A photograph of yourself in any version.
- Flight ticket: Confirm your date of arrival & departure.
- Additional documents: you will add the following documents in your submission folder to increase your chances of getting accepted: Yellow fever vaccine certificate, proof of accommodation, hotel booking, and travel itinerary.
3. How to Apply For An Uganda e-Visa For US Citizens
Applying for an Uganda visa is simple and straightforward, it should take you about 15 minutes to complete. If you need assistance, our services provide an excellent support service that is available on chat and phone 24/7 every day.
The application form consists of four easy steps:
Step 1: Fill in the blanks with your visa information such as the number of applicants, type of Visa, transportation method, destination, processing Time, and additional services.
Step 2: Enter your personal information here.
Step 3: Pay for your order's cost. You can pay with a credit/debit card or with a Paypal account.
Step 4: Double-check your order details.
As you can see, filing to our website online form save you more time than going to an embassy.
4. Uganda e-Visa Fee For US Citizens
To apply for an Uganda e-visa for US citizens, you have to pay two (02) kinds of visa fees, which were called Service fee and Government fee. In addition, you can add an additional purchase for travel insurance to keep your benefits when traveling overseas.
The Rush Visa service is customizable depending on which of the 03 following service categories you select from the list:
- Standard service: When selecting this service option, you will obtain your e-visa within three business days.
- Urgent service: You will receive an e-visa in two working days if you choose this e-visa type.
- Super-urgent service: the quickest sort of e-visa, which you can get in one working day.
The total price will depend on the type of e-Visa and also how soon you want it. Keep in mind that both those factors influence your bill.
5. Traveling To Uganda With Uganda Immigration Services
American citizens will be emailed their Uganda e-Visa at the email address they provided in their application.
After applying, the e-Visa will be processed and delivered within 03 Business Days.
Once received, US citizens are required to print a copy. When entering Uganda, this must be presented at immigration control, along with the same passport that was registered when they applied.
As you can see, obtaining an Uganda visa for US citizens has never been easier. You do not need to go to an embassy; you can apply from home at any time of day or night, with no hassle. Prepare for your trip with us today!
Uganda Visa Requirements for United States Citizens FAQs
An e-Visa is issued to a foreigner whose sole reason for visiting Uganda is for enjoyment, scenery, a casual visit to see friends or family, attending an education program, business conference, medical care, and commercial purposes, and no other reason/activity.
Before being allowed to enter through the border checkpoint in Uganda, all visitors must get a visa through this procedure. All visitors to Uganda for vacation, tourism, business, study, visit, and/or medical purposes now can apply for a visa online at Uganda Immigration Services.
Yes, American citizens need a visa to enter Uganda. The visa can be obtained either in advance from the Uganda Embassy or consulate or upon arrival at Entebbe International Airport or even better, by applying for a visa online (e-visa) through the Uganda Immigration Services website.
To obtain a visa on arrival, American citizens must present a valid passport with at least six months validity remaining, a yellow fever vaccination certificate, and payment for the visa fee in cash (US dollars are accepted). However, it is recommended to obtain a visa in advance to avoid potential delays and complications upon arrival.
It is important to note that visa requirements can change at any time, so it is always a good idea to verify current requirements with the Ugandan embassy or consulate prior to travel.
Citizens of America can apply for a visa online. Uganda Immigration Services provides the most convenient digital platform for applicants to apply for a visa. US citizens may access our website and complete the form online in about 20 minutes, after which they will get their own e-visa. This method is more efficient and easy than traveling to the Uganda Embassy for a conventional visa, which is a costly and time-consuming process.
The procedure of filling out the form is simple enough for every user. There are 3 basic steps to complete an Uganda e-visa form:
- Step 1: Fill out the online application form with your personal information and passport information (passport number). Remember to double-check your information to ensure that there are no errors or incorrect information.
- Step 2: Select a payment method and pay the visa fees - American citizens have two main options for paying the e-visa fee:
- Wire transfer through the Bank of Cyprus
- Or electronic payment through credit/debit card, American Express, or Paypal.
- Step 3: Receive confirmation and your e-visa through email. Ensure to print at least 2 copies of the electronic visa before proceeding to the border control checkpoint.
Yellow fever vaccination is suggested for those traveling to the destination where the yellow fever virus is prevalent in Africa and South America. It is critical to understand that vaccination recommendations are not the same as country entrance requirements, Uganda needs proof of yellow fever vaccination for entry.
A Covid-19 insurance certificate is recommended when applying for a Uganda visa and pre-approval documentation upon arriving in Uganda.
We strongly advise you to get travel insurance as well. Because it provides you with several benefits as well as a favorable situation for applying for a Uganda visa. It will make it easier for the Ugandan Government to approve your application.
USA citizens can get a visa on arrival. You will, however, be compelled to go through a procedure that involves waiting in a long queue and applying for a visa at the Immigration checkpoint. If unfortunate, you can run into problems like not providing enough papers or information. This is anticipated to make an application for a visa on arrival more difficult and time-consuming.
As a result, applying for an Uganda visa online (e-visa) is advised. We not only provide thorough information on travel documents but also include visa application services for American travelers 24/7 at Uganda Immigration Services. The entire process, from filling out the application form, and submitting the required documents, to paying the visa fees is online.
If any American applicant wishes to cancel the e-Visa and get a refund, all refund questions must be received within 4 hours of the transaction being completed. After this time, Visa service orders are non-refundable. Please provide all essential documentation within three (03) business days. Your refund request will be declined otherwise. The refund procedure may take 2-4 weeks due to bank regulations.
American passport holders can also track their status on the Check Uganda e-Visa Status because the entire visa application procedure is done online.
This service was designed to make it easier for our clients to track the status of their online visas. It is critical to remember that this service is provided solely to our clients. When filling out the form, US citizens need to give the relevant information (application reference or full name, passport number, email address). They will know their visa status in 30 minutes. Uganda Immigration Services provides a 24-hour assistance center to assist American citizens who are having difficulty completing the form and preparing further documentation.