Uganda visa requirements for South African citizens
Uganda is called a wildlife paradise for reasons: immense meadows from over the country, diverse ethnic culture, various animal species and majestic nature. Therefore, many people choose Uganda as a popular travel destination.
However, there is a thing that stops tourists from traveling to Uganda, that is the problem about entrance approval documents. You will have to spend time and expenses to get a visa to Uganda. So what is a solution? The answer is Uganda electronic visa (e-visa).
For your information, excluding people from countries on the visa-exemption list, citizens from over 150 countries can apply for an Uganda e-Visa, including South African citizens.
So, How to apply for a visa to Uganda from South Africa? This article will explain how to apply for an Uganda visa for South African citizens, as well as the requirements and costs.
1. Do South African citizens need a visa for Uganda?
Yes, passengers traveling to Uganda with a South African passport must have a valid visa.
South African citizens can use an Uganda electronic visa (e-Visa) when visiting Uganda on vacation or for other short-term visits.
The short online application is the fastest and most convenient method of obtaining an Uganda visa for South African citizens.
By now, there are 03 types of Uganda e-visa for South African citizens you can choose:
- Tourist/Visit visa: you can use this type to enter Uganda within 90 days from the date of your arrival.
- Transit e-visa: with this type of e-visa, you can stay in Uganda for up to 07 days from the date of your arrival.
- East Africa visa: with this type of e-visa, you are allowed to enter 03 countries: Uganda, Kenya, Rwanda in total. You can stay for up to 90 days and can enter many times you wish, and the entry start is Uganda.
If a South African citizen wishes to relocate to Uganda or work there for a living, they must first visit a Ugandan embassy or consulate to obtain the necessary visas and permits.
2. Uganda visa requirements for South African citizens
In general, the application process of Uganda e-visa is easier and faster than the regular type. There are some documents you need to provide to apply for an Uganda e-visa for South African citizens.
When applying for an e-Visa for Uganda, South African travelers must comply with a few requirements. Here's a list of what you'll need to provide:
- A legal South African passport which is valid for at least 06 months from the date of your arrival.
- Your portrait photograph in any version.
- Flight ticket (for East Africa visa): to prove you will not overstay in Uganda for any reason.
3. Uganda visa application for South African citizens
The application form should take no more than ten minutes to complete. This form is very simple to understand, so it shouldn't take you long to complete applying for an Uganda visa for South African citizens.
- The first step is to enter your personal information, but you must also select a visa type and processing time.
- The second request is that you make the payment and revise step one.
- Depending on your situation, the final step will require you to upload some additional documents. After that, you apply and wait for the visa to arrive via e-mail in PDF format.
After submitting the Uganda e-Visa application, South African travelers will receive the travel permit via email.
The e-Visa will be sent to the email address provided in the online application form.
4. Uganda visa fee for South African citizens
Global Immigration Services Limited is very proud of its ability to provide excellent service at reasonable prices. The cost of your visa is determined by the type of visa you select as well as the processing time you select.
To apply for an Uganda visa for South African citizens online, you have to pay two (02) kinds of Visa Fee, which were called Service Fee and Government Fee. In addition, you can add a small fee for COVID-19 insurance to keep your benefits when traveling abroad.
For the government fee, it is compulsory because South Africa is not on the exemption list of Uganda.
For the service fee, there are 03 options for you, depending on the range of processing time you want:
- Normal: you will receive your e-visa result within 03 business days when you use this service type.
- Urgent: with this type of service, you will receive your e-visa within 48 hours.
- Super urgent: this type of service is th highest priority for you because you will receive your e-visa within just 24 business hours.
Payment method: you can pay your receipt by 02 ways: electronic payment (Visa, Mastercard, American Express or Paypal) or wire transfer (HSBC banking transfer).