Uganda Visa For South African Citizens - Requirements & Fees
Uganda is called a wildlife paradise for reasons: immense meadows from over the country, diverse ethnic cultures, various animal species, and majestic nature. Therefore, many people choose Uganda as a popular travel destination.
However, there is a thing that stops tourists from traveling to Uganda, and that is the problem with entrance approval documents. You will have to spend time and expenses to get a visa to Uganda. So what is a solution? The answer is Uganda electronic visa (e-visa).
For your information, excluding people from countries on the visa-exemption list, citizens from over 150 countries can apply for an Uganda e-Visa, including South African citizens.
So, How to apply for a visa to Uganda from South Africa? With Uganda Immigration Services, you will learn more about how to apply for an Uganda visa for South African citizens, as well as the requirements and costs.
1. Do South African Citizens Need A Visa To Uganda?
Yes, passengers traveling to Uganda with a South African passport must have a valid visa.
South African citizens can use an Uganda electronic visa (e-Visa) when visiting Uganda on vacation or for other short-term visits.
The short online application is the fastest and most convenient method of obtaining an Uganda visa for South African citizens.
Now, there are 03 types of Uganda e-visa for South African citizens you can choose from:
- Tourist e-visa: you can use this type to enter Uganda within 90 days from the date of your arrival.
- Transit e-visa: with this type of e-visa, you can stay in Uganda for up to 07 days from the date of your arrival.
- East Africa e-visa: with this type of e-visa, you are allowed to enter 03 countries: Uganda, Kenya, and Rwanda in total. You can stay for up to 90 days and can enter many times you wish, and the entry starts in Uganda.
If South African citizen wishes to relocate to Uganda or work there for a living, they must first visit a Ugandan embassy or consulate to obtain the necessary visas and permits.
2. Uganda Visa Requirements For South African Citizens
In general, the application process for the Uganda e-visa is easier and faster than the regular type. There are some documents you need to provide to apply for an Uganda e-visa for South African citizens.
When applying for an e-Visa for Uganda, South African travelers must comply with a few requirements. Here's a list of what you'll need to provide:
- A legal South African passport that is valid for at least 06 months from the date of your arrival.
- Your portrait photograph in any version.
- Flight ticket (for East Africa visa): to prove you will not overstay in Uganda for any reason.
3. How To Apply For An Uganda e-Visa From South Africa
The visa application form generally takes no more than 15 minutes to complete. This form is very simple to understand, so it shouldn't take you long to complete applying for an Uganda visa for South African citizens.
- The first step is to enter your personal information, but you must also select a visa type and processing time.
- The second request is that you make the payment and revise step one.
- Depending on your situation, the final step will require you to upload some additional documents. After that, you apply and wait for the visa to arrive via e-mail in PDF format.
After submitting the Uganda e-Visa application, South African travelers will receive the travel permit via email.
The e-Visa will be sent to the email address provided in the online application form.
4. Uganda e-Visa Fee For South African Citizens
Uganda Immigration Services is very proud of its ability to provide excellent service at reasonable prices. The cost of your visa is determined by the type of visa you select as well as the processing time you select.
To apply for an Uganda visa for South African citizens online, you have to pay two (02) kinds of Visa fees, which were called Service Fee and Government Fees. In addition, you can add a small fee for travel insurance and COVID-19 insurance to keep your benefits when traveling abroad.
For the government fee, it is compulsory because South Africa is not on the exemption list of Uganda.
For the visa processing time (Rush visa) fee, there are 03 options for you, depending on the range of processing time you want:
- Normal: you will receive your e-visa result within 03 business days when you use this service type.
- Urgent: with this type of service, you will receive your e-visa within 48 hours.
- Super urgent: this type of service is the highest priority for you because you will receive your e-visa within just 24 business hours.
Payment method: you can pay your receipt in 02 ways: electronic payment (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or Paypal) or wire transfer (HSBC banking transfer).
Uganda Visa Requirements for South Africa Citizens FAQs
A visa is required for South Africans who wish to enter Uganda. South Africa is not in the group of countries exempt from Uganda visa-free, hence South African citizens MUST GET a visa before traveling. The Uganda e-Visa is official permission for a short vacation to Uganda. This e-visa is valid for 03 months from the date of issuance.
South Africans may now apply for an Uganda visa online (e-visa), saving time and money over visiting an embassy. There are three categories of Uganda eVisas obtainable: transit, tourist, and East Africa eVisa. The applicants simply need a few minutes to complete the simple visa application process. For more information and services, please visit the Uganda Immigration Services website.
South African citizens who plan to apply for an Uganda e-visa to Uganda must ensure that they have the necessary documentation. A valid passport, an email address, and a digital picture are required for the procedure. Once issued, a copy of the visa will be sent to the applicant through email.
Uganda's e-visa fee is composed of two factors: the government fee and the service fee. The government fee is the amount of money that is paid to the Ugandan Government to process eVisa applications. South African applicants need to pay a service fee to Uganda Immigration Services. If you are having difficulties with the process, our experts are always available to assist. Additionally, South African citizens have 03 options for processing time services:
- Normal processing: the standard service takes up to 03 business days to complete your e-visa.
- Urgent processing: South African citizens must pay an additional $79 cost to receive an e-visa within 48 hours (02 working days).
- Super Urgent processing: For an additional $99.00, South African citizens can acquire their visa as soon as 24 business hours.
Before visiting Uganda, visitors from South Africa are required to apply for a visa which is accessible by the Uganda Immigration Services. South African citizens can acquire the Uganda e-Visa by email within 03 working days of completing the application form. South African travelers must first examine the e-visa criteria before applying to enable an easy and quick process.
Before applying for an eVisa to Uganda, South African applicants must first prepare the following documents in order to fulfill Uganda e-visa requirements:
- A scan of the biographical page of the passport. This passport should be valid for at least 06 months following the date of entry into Uganda.
- At least 02 blank pages of the passport must be accessible for stamping.
- A regular email address - visa approval will be sent to this email address.
- A photograph of the applicant on a white background is quired.
- South African citizens seeking tourist or transit e-visa must verify their flight ticket.
In some cases, South African citizens may be requested to present additional supporting evidence, such as proof of yellow fever vaccine or hotel bookings in order to receive an Uganda e-visa.
South African visitors are generally permitted to remain in Uganda for a maximum of 90 days (03 months). Remember that each visa supports a specific purpose for your travel, and you need to request the appropriate sort of visa.
- Tourist Visa - With this visa, tourists from South Africa can access Uganda once and remain there for 90 days (03 months).
- East Africa Visa - With this visa, citizens of South Africa can enter Uganda, Kenya, and Rwanda as many times as they desire. The visa also permits visitors to stay in Uganda for 90 days (03 months).
- Transit Visa - This form of visa permits South African visitors to stay in Uganda for up to 07 days.
In addition to a standard visa, South African citizens can obtain a visa for Uganda within 03 working days. South African citizens can save both time and effort with online visas (e-visa). The Ugandan Government introduced the electronic visa system in 2016 to make acquiring a visa for Uganda more convenient.
South African candidates may apply for an online visa from anywhere using a mobile, tablet, or laptop connected to the Internet. Uganda Immigration Services handles the whole application process online, from filling out the application form and paying the visa cost to supply supporting documents.
Our service offers three (03) visa processing time selections. South African visitors can select from the following choices, depending on their needs:
- Standard service: Most applicants opt for this service. The waiting time is 03 business days.
- Rush service: South African applicants who select this option can obtain their Uganda e-Visa within 48 working hours (02 days).
- Super-Rush service: South African applicants who choose this option may expect to receive their eVisa within 24 working hours.
Beginning your trip to Uganda today by applying for an Uganda e-visa today!
Regarding the e-visa cost, travelers from South Africa must also pay the Uganda government fee and the Services fee. It's important to note that the visa fee may vary depending on the type of visa services you select. Therefore, it's advisable to check the Uganda e-visa fee for the most up-to-date information. The applicants can pay the visa fee with:
- Electronic transfer (Master Card, Visa, American Express, or Paypal)
- Wire transfer (Bank of Cyprus only).
Furthermore, if applicants wish to cancel their e-visa application and want a refund, all refund claims must be filed to us within 4 hours of the moment your transaction is completed. After that moment, your visa service order will no longer be refundable. You must submit the essential papers within three days. Otherwise, refund claims will be denied. The refund procedure will take between two and four weeks due to banking regulations.