Uganda Visa For Chinese Citizens - Requirements & Fees
Uganda is one of the world's greatest ecosystems nations. It is also the second most populous country in Africa. These national resources are valuable assets to the country and fuels the tourism economy. Also, one of the most fascinating attractions in the nation is safaris and expeditions to witness a number of the species that reside there.
African elephants, lions, rhinos, buffaloes, and leopards represent the popular Big Five in Uganda. There are only a few African countries like Uganda that can proclaim to have the Big Five. Uganda also features other species such as hippos, zebras, deadly crocodiles, cheetahs, and many other iconic African wildlife.
At Uganda Immigration Services, we will support our clients around the world to acquire an Uganda visa in simple steps. If you are ready to take action, you can contact our visa experts before submitting your documents. This allows us to verify any particular requirements or suggestions you may have, for instance, how urgent you want your visa delivered. Chinese passport holders will also receive pick-up service and Uganda eSim when applying for an Uganda visa on our website.
Uganda e-visa for Chinese citizens
Uganda e-Visa Requirements For Chinese Citizens
Chinese citizens REQUIRE a visa to enter Uganda. To meet the requirements for an Uganda visa for Chinese citizens, Chinese applicants need to make sure that they follow the instruction below:
- It is important to remember that accessing Chinese travelers requires a passport that is valid for at least 6 months from the date of entry into Uganda.
- The passport should have at least 02 empty pages for stamping by the Immigration Officer
- A certificate of Yellow Fever Immunization is REQUIRED.
- A photograph of the applicant in color.
- The flight ticket confirmation
- An email address to receive the electronic visa for Uganda
Note: Typically, the processing time of visa applications is within 03 business days. However, we offer a Rush Visa service if you want to request your visa as soon as possible. How fast you receive your visa depends on the service you choose:
- Normal Processing - We will deliver your visa within 03 working days.
- Urgent Processing - Our experts will help you get your visa within 48 hours. An extra fee is required for this service.
- Super-urgent Processing - You can expect to obtain a visa for Uganda in a matter of hours, normally within 24 hours. An extra fee is required to pay for this service.
Types of Uganda evisa for Chinese citizens
Chinese passport holders can apply for one of these visas depending on their purpose of visiting Uganda:
- Transit Visa - This visa is granted to Chinese travelers who wish to transit through Uganda on the way to other destinations. With this visa, they can remain in the country for 07 days while waiting for the next flight.
- e-Tourist Visa - Tourists from China are eligible to acquire this visa. This is a single-entry visa, allowing Chinese citizens to stay in Uganda for up to 90 days from the arrival date.
- East Africa Visa - Another option for adventurous tourists. The visa grants Chinese citizens access to Kenya, Rwanda, and Uganda for 90 days (3 months) with multiple entries between these countries.
Chinese travelers with an e-visa are allowed to enter Uganda for:
- You have family, and relatives in Uganda.
- You are currently undertaking medical treatment in Uganda.
- You travel to Uganda for leisure and vacation.
Uganda visa requirements for Chinese citizens
How Chinese Citizens Can Apply For A Uganda Visa Online
If you have read this far, you probably wonder about the procedure of applying for an Uganda visa for Chinese citizens. We will demonstrate the process in simple steps:
- Step 1: Apply for an Uganda visa for Chinese citizens at the Uganda Immigration Services website. In this step, you are required to fill in an application form with some visa details and personal information. Some additional documents may be needed. Most importantly, you should ensure your registered email is exact because you will receive your visa via email.
- Step 2: Complete the visa form by submitting the visa payment. The payment for the Uganda visa fee can be made online through electronic transfer.
- Step 3: Click the “Submit” button and wait for the e-Visa. You can also check the status of your visa application and get the result in only 30 minutes.
Apply for an Uganda e-visa for Chinese citizens
Uganda e-Visa Fee For Chinese Citizens
Before your proposal may be granted, you must pay the Service Fee and the Government Fee.
The Government fee is the amount you have to pay for the Uganda Immigration Department to process your visa application.
The Service fee is charged depending on how fast you want to get your Uganda visa.
We suggest Chinese travelers should acquire Travel insurance or COVID-19 insurance when traveling internationally. It never hurts to be well-prepared in case of emergency incidents such as flight cancellation, illness, etc.
Applicants can choose one of the following methods of payment:
- Online payment: American Express, Visa, Mastercard, and Paypal.
- Direct deposit: to the Bank of Cyprus.
Uganda Visa Requirements for China Citizens FAQs
To enter Uganda, Chinese visitors must get a visa. Depending on the traveler's preference, the visa can be purchased online through the Uganda Immigration Services website. To minimize delays or denials, travelers should examine the visa requirements and make sure they have all of the relevant papers and information before applying for a visa.
At present, the Ugandan government does not offer visas on arrival for Chinese visitors. However, for tourism trips, Chinese visitors can apply for an Uganda electronic visa (e-visa) online conveniently.
There are 3 common Uganda e-visa types for Chinese citizens. Do note carefully that each visa type provides a specific condition on what travelers can and cannot do.
- Uganda tourist e-visa: The tourist visa grants a single entry for visitors to enter Uganda for tourism purposes. The duration of stay is 90 days and the visa cannot extended.
- East Africa e-visa: This visa type permits Chinese visitors to enter Uganda, Kenya, and Rwanda for a 90-day duration of stay with multiple entries. This visa cannot be extended.
- Transit e-visa: Allow Chinese visitors to remain in Uganda for a maximum of 07 days during the transportation to their next destination. The transit visa cannot be extended.
For more information and assistance, please visit Uganda Immigration Services.
Applying for a Uganda visa online (e-visa) is the best approach for Chinese travelers as it saves time and provides convenience. The entire process is conducted online and takes no more than 15 minutes.
- Visit the Uganda Immigration Services website and select "Apply Visa".
- Choose the type of visa you need (single-entry or multiple-entry) and select the processing time that suits your travel plans.
- Complete the application form with your personal details, travel information, and passport information. Ensure that all the information provided is accurate and matches the details on your passport.
- A digital copy of the biographical page.
- Make a payment of the Uganda visa fee using the available payment options.
- Submit your application and wait for the result.
The online application process eliminates the need to visit the Ugandan embassy or consulate in person, reducing travel costs and time spent on the visa application process.
Chinese tourists are required to complete the following conditions in order to apply for a Uganda e-visa:
- A valid passport has at least 06 months of validity from the date of entry into Uganda.
- A passport-sized digital photograph.
- A flight ticket information, date of arrival & departure.
- Yellow fever vaccination certificate. This document is REQUIRED.
- Accommodation reservation in Uganda (if applicable).
- A credit or debit card is required for the online payment. Check more details about Uganda e-visa fees.
In addition to the conditions listed above, visitors are required to provide information on their trip itinerary, including dates of arrival and exit from Uganda, as well as the purpose of their visit.
It is important to keep in mind that the Ugandan authorities may still request additional documents to proceed further with your visa application. For other inquiries, do not hesitate to contact us and receive our immediate support.
Chinese citizens must pay the Government fee and service fee. Additionally, the cost of a Uganda e-visa for Chinese travelers depends on the type of visa they apply for and the processing time service. It's essential to note that the government fee is non-refundable regardless of the result of the application.
The Rush Visa service (processing time) offers three processing options for the e-visa application:
- Standard processing: This takes up to three business days for the visa to be processed.
- Rush processing: This takes up to two business days for the visa to be processed.
- Super rush processing: This takes up to one business day for the visa to be processed.
Once the e-visa is issued, it will be sent to the applicant's email address in PDF format, which can be printed and presented to the immigration officers at the port of entry.
Applicants who have applied for a Uganda e-visa online may wonder how to check their visa status. Fortunately, Uganda Immigration Services has made it easy for travelers to track their visa status online.
- To check your visa status on our website, navigate to "Check Status".
- You'll then need to enter your application number, passport number, and your date of birth.
- After submitting the required information, you'll be able to view the current status of your visa application.
- It's important to note that the processing time for a Uganda e-visa is typically between one to three business days.
If you have any concerns or questions about your visa status or processing time, you can contact us for assistance. Our services have a dedicated customer service team available to answer any questions or concerns you may have.