Uganda Visa For Bhutan Citizens - Requirements & Fees
Exploring new territory is thrilling, and it's only one of the reasons you should travel to Uganda. Humans need new experiences, and Uganda allows us to satisfy that desire. A vacation in Uganda is an ideal opportunity to try something new and interesting, especially if you are not from the African region. The excitement begins the moment you touch down at a new destination.
At Uganda Immigration Services, our goal is to support Bhutanese citizens in acquiring Uganda e-visa with little effort, minimize the complexity of the procedure, and deliver your visa as soon as possible. You'll have a great time. You'll like the excitement that comes from your adventures. You'll feel good about yourself. And the finest gift of all will be memories of your fantastic journey in Uganda.
Kihingami wetlands, Uganda
Uganda e-Visa Types For Bhutanese Citizens
Can Bhutanese citizens travel to Uganda without a visa?
A visa to Uganda is REQUIRED for Bhutanese visitors. Bhutanese travelers visiting Uganda must acquire an 'Entry Permit' from the Uganda Embassy or a visa service provider.
A wonderful thing is that Uganda has operated an electronic visa system for about 5-6 years now. Thus, obtaining an Uganda visa for Bhutanese citizens becomes much easier and faster, you can do it in your own comfortable home or anywhere else.
The Uganda Tourist visa, Uganda Transit visa, and East Africa visa are by far the most easily accessible visas for Bhutanese citizens.
Uganda Transit visa - This single-entry visa permits Bhutanese citizens to stay in Uganda for a maximum of 07 days while they are on their way to a different destination or country.
Uganda Tourist visa - This single-entry tourist visa works exactly as the name implies. Bhutanese visitors are allowed to explore wonderful Uganda for 90 days. Any activity involving employment, or work, is forbidden.
Uganda East Africa visa - Holders of this visa are also permitted to explore Uganda, with a greater benefit. Bhutanese visitors with this type of visa not only can explore Uganda but also expand their exploration to Kenya, and Rwanda without entry limitations. The duration is 90 days (3 months), and any activity involving employment, or work, is forbidden.
Uganda e-Visa Requirements For Bhutanese Citizens
In practice, the Uganda e-visa application procedure is simple and more efficient than the traditional way. To request an Uganda visa for Bhutanese citizens, you must present certain information.
Bhutanese travelers must meet a few conditions when requesting an e-Visa to Uganda. Here is a list of everything you will need to supply:
- A valid Bhutan passport, valid for at least six months.
- 02 blank pages for visa stampings.
- Your passport photograph.
- Flight ticket information - to demonstrate that you will not be staying in Uganda indefinitely for whatever purpose.
Additionally, there are other documents you may be required to have before you travel to Uganda. So we strongly advise Bhutanese citizens to have them prepared as well.
- Yellow Fever Vaccination card - Some nations need a document proving vaccination before allowing you to enter. To enter Uganda, this certificate is a must-have.
Uganda e-visa requirements for Bhutanese citizens
Applying For Uganda e-Visa From Bhutan
The procedure for Uganda visa application is simplified for most applicants. You can apply on a laptop, or mobile with an internet connection. You just need to spend 30 minutes to an hour to complete the application. If you are struggling at some point and need assistance, our experts here will always be available to help.
- Before requesting an Uganda e-visa, ensure you are eligible to apply for one and have all the required documents in hand as well.
- Proceed to apply for an e-Visa on Uganda Immigration Services, you will receive an online form there.
- Provide your personal information, full name, age, passport number, the purpose of the trip, etc. The information must be accurate.
- Your provided email/contact address must be existing and accurate. You will receive your visa from your email.
- Submit the final payment, then you finish.
Once your visa application is accepted, we will notify you and send your approval documents via your email. Generally, the whole process takes up to 03 business days.
If you expect your visa urgently, do consider selecting the processing time (Rush Visa) service as below
Normal Service - A standard service when you apply for an electronic visa. The processing time takes up to 03 working days.
Urgent Service - An extra cost service that will deliver your visa within 48 hours.
Super-urgent Service - An extra cost service that will deliver your visa even faster, within 24 hours.
Uganda e-visa for Bhutanese citizens
Uganda e-Visa Fee For Bhutanese Citizens
The cost of an Uganda visa for Bhutanese citizens is depending on the service selected.
Bhutanese travelers need to keep in mind that there are 2 sorts of visa fees required to complete as well, they are the Service Fee and the Government Fee.
For payment services, there are 02 options for you that our system currently accepts, choose the one that is convenient for you.
- Visa, Mastercard, Paypal, and American Express.
- The Bank of Cyprus (For wire transfer).
Travelers from Bhutan also receive pick-up service and Uganda eSim when they apply for an Uganda e-visa on Uganda Immigration Services.
Uganda Visa Requirements for Bhutan Citizens FAQs
Bhutanese visitors must apply for an online visa before entering Uganda. This is because Bhutan is not among the countries for Uganda visa-free. The Government of Uganda introduced the electronic visa system to boost tourism and business sectors and expedite the visa application process, bypassing the need to visit the Uganda Immigration Department in person.
The electronic visa simplifies the process of obtaining a Ugandan visa for Bhutanese travelers. Applicants from Bhutan often receive their e-visas within three business days after submitting the necessary documents and visa application forms. For comprehensive information about visa prerequisites for Bhutanese citizens, please consult our visa requirements guide.
The Uganda e-visa generally permits a duration of 90 days to stay in the country, mainly for tourism purposes. However, keep in mind that the duration of your stay and requirements may vary depending on the purposes of your trip. For tourism purposes, the Rush Visa service provides 3 common e-visa types for Uganda. Please select the appropriate visa for your journey:
- Tourist e-Visa: This e-visa grants a single entry into Uganda, with a duration of stay of 90 days.
- East Africa e-Visa: The East Africa visa permits multiple entries for visitors to enter Uganda, Rwanda, and Kenya within 90 days. This visa cannot be extended.
- Transit e-Visa: The transit visa allows visitors to remain in the country for 7 days during the transit period to their next destination. The transit visa cannot be extended.
Before traveling to Uganda, Bhutanese visitors must have a valid visa. To minimize the number of paperwork involved and enhance the travel experience, the e-visa requires Bhutanese citizens just need to have the following additional documents ready when applying:
- A passport with a validity of at least six months after entering Uganda and with at least 02 blank pages for stamping.
- A copy of the passport's biographical information.
- A passport-sized photograph of the applicant.
- Proof of Yellow Fever certificate. This is a REQUIREMENT to enter the country.
- For those with an East Africa e-visa, proof of the flight ticket and tour plan may be required.
- A credit and debit card for the e-visa online payment.
- Additionally, applicants may be required to verify their accommodation reservation, date of arrival & departure from the country.
The process of applying for Uganda e-visa is conducted completely online. This process generally takes no more than 15 minutes to complete, assuming that applicants are qualified or accomplished all the above-mentioned requirements.
- Step 1: Select “Apply Visa” to begin. Fill in the required information according to the form, and make sure that all information you provide is accurate and up-to-date.
- Step 2: Complete the application by submitting the form as well as the e-visa fees. Please note that supporting documents may be required to process the application further in certain cases.
- Step 3: Once the application is through, allow it 03 business days to process. A confirmation email will be sent to your personal email address.
Moreover, Bhutanese applicants can track the progress of their e-visa application using the Application reference number from the confirmation email. To check the status of your application, select “Check Status”.
The online visa application process for Uganda is straightforward and very convenient. The online application process for the Uganda e-visa usually takes 01 - 03 business days. Moreover, Bhutanese applicants also have an option for the Rush Visa service when applying for an Uganda visa online. Consider selecting the service that serves your needs most.
- Standard service: Bhutanese applicants can expect to receive a Uganda visa within 03 business days with normal processing.
- Urgent service: The urgent service guarantees a 48-hour processing time for visa applications. An additional $79 service fee is required.
- Super-Urgent service: For Bhutanese citizens in need of visa approval as soon as possible, this processing service takes 24 hours. An additional $99 service fee is required.
To submit the payment for your e-visa application, select one of the following payment gateways:
- For online payment: We accept Visa, Mastercard, PayPal, and American Express.
- For wire transfers: Our system accepts the Bank of Cyprus.
Bhutanese citizens can obtain a visa on arrival in Uganda. However, this method is not recommended for Bhutanese visitors due to potential long wait times at the airport. The queues for visas on arrival can be lengthy, resulting in significant delays. While a visa might be granted if all necessary documents are provided, travelers without the required documentation will be denied entry.
Hence, the best and most preferred approach for Bhutanese travelers is to apply for an e-visa online through Uganda Immigration Services. Our online service is more efficient than acquiring a visa on arrival or a traditional embassy visa. Applying for an e-visa online is faster and more cost-effective compared to other visa application methods.