Uganda Visa For US Virgin Islanders - Requirements & Fees
Visit The Nyero Rock Paintings in Uganda
These prehistoric murals were discovered in the Kumi District of Eastern Uganda. The paintings contribute to the presentation of the way of life of the area's first inhabitants. This is the perfect destination to go to if you want to learn more about the historical Nilotic tribes. Expect to witness the artwork of extinct species that previously roamed the region. There will also be illustrations of stone age implements, among other things.
Citizens from the U.S. Virgin Islands who want to travel to Uganda can apply for a quick and simple visa at Uganda Immigration Services. All information about the visa process, the fees to apply for a visa, as well as some other additional services, is provided in this article.
Type of An Uganda e-Visa For US Virgin Islanders
US Virgin Island is not visa-free to Uganda, so US Virgin Islander citizens are required to apply for a visa before traveling to Uganda.
First of all, you should carefully consider which type of visa is suitable for your trip. In this section, we will present the 3 most commonly used visas to travel to Uganda.
- Transit visa - This visa is mainly for the purpose of transiting in Uganda before you move on to your next destination. This visa allows you to enter Uganda once in a period of 07 days. This visa cannot be extended.
- Tourist visa - The most popular is a tourist visa with a permit period of 90 days (3 months) in Uganda and single entry. When holding a tourist visa, any form of employment is illegal.
- East Africa visa - Along with the tourist visa is the East Africa visa, when holding this visa, you are allowed to move in and out without limit between 3 countries, Uganda, Kenya, and Rwanda. This is also a tourist visa and the allowed period is 90 days (3 months).
Uganda Visa Requirements For US Virgin Islanders
Getting a visa to Uganda is easy, but qualifying for an Uganda visa is a more important task as it will impact largely your visa application. In this section, we will demonstrate what you need to prepare before applying for an Uganda visa.
Applicants must present the following documents:
- A valid and original passport of the US Virgin Islands.
- The passport also must have at least or higher than 06 months away from the date of expiration.
- 02 unused pages to receive the visa stamping.
- To enter Uganda, US Virgin Islanders are obligated to get vaccinated against Yellow Fever. A certificate of vaccination must be presented before entering Uganda.
- A copy of biographical information.
- 02 passport-sized photographs.
- Applicants also must confirm the following information:
- The purpose of their trip to Uganda.
- Accommodation reservation or contact information in Uganda.
- The date of arrival and departure from Uganda.
Applying For An Uganda e-Visa For US Virgin Islanders
Once applicants have fulfilled the requirements, they can begin requesting a visa. In this section, we will demonstrate step-by-step instructions on applying for an Uganda visa.
- Step 1: Begin by filling out the Uganda e-visa application form here.
- Step 2: Select the number of applicants and consider the correct visa type for the trip.
- Transit Visa
- Tourist Visa
- East Africa Visa
- Step 3: Fill in your details.
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Passport information.
- Step 4: Select your preferred payment method and submit the visa application. Allow processing time of up to 03 working days.
Rush Visa Service
The Rush Visa service aims to deliver visas to you as soon as possible upon request. Keep in mind that applicants need to choose this service before submitting their visa application and there will be a fixed service charge included when using this service.
- Normal Processing - The standard service takes up to 03 business days for processing. The visa will be emailed to you once it has been approved.
- Urgent Processing - Urgent process will take up to 48 hours to process your visa application. US Virgin Islanders must submit a service cost of $79.
- Super Urgent Processing - Your visa application will be processed immediately and emailed to you within 24 hours. A service cost of $99 is required for US Virgin Islanders.
Uganda Visa e-Fee For US Virgin Islanders
When applying for a visa through our services, keep in mind that US Virgin Islanders must submit Service Fee and Government Fee. These two (02) fees are included when you pay for the visa application.
We highly suggest applicants purchase Travel Insurance or COVID-19 to prevent financial risks during the trip such as lost belongings, lost documents, flight cancellation, sickness, or even requiring medical treatment aboard. Additionally, travel insurance increases your chance of getting visa approval.
US Virgin Islanders select one of the following solutions to submit visa payment:
- 1. Visa, American Express, Paypal, and Mastercard.
- 2. For direct deposit, we accept the Bank of Cyprus.
When travelers apply for a visa at Uganda Immigration Service, we will assist their journey with pick-up service and Uganda eSim. The services are included in the visa application package and are completely free of charge.