Uganda Visa For Canadian Citizens - Requirements & Fees
- 1. Uganda e-Visa Requirements For Canadian Citizens
- 2. What Is The Uganda e-Visa?
- 3. How To Apply For Uganda e-Visa From Canada
- 4. Uganda e-Visa Fee For Canadian Citizens
- 5. Things To Know Before Traveling To Uganda
Africa has been known as a place of diversity and the most ideal place to explore wildlife for a long time. In recent years, countless visitors have traveled to Uganda to enjoy the feeling of going through immense meadows, kayaking on rivers, or swimming under waterfalls, including visitors from Canada.
Released as a solution to solve the current disadvantages of the casual visa type, the Uganda Electronic visa (e-visa) has become a new trend in traveling approval, not only in Uganda but worldwide as well.
If you are planning a trip to Uganda in the near future, you should know that all Canadian citizens are eligible for an Uganda e-visa, which is the best alternative to a consular visa because it saves you time and effort. So, How to apply for a visa to Uganda from Canada? With Uganda Immigration Services, we will explain the e-visa procedure, as well as the requirements and costs.
Canadians must meet a few important requirements in order to obtain an e-Visa for Uganda.
1. Uganda e-Visa Requirements For Canadian Citizens
Uganda, like many countries, has a number of requirements for Canadian travelers. These requirements must be fulfilled in order to apply for an e-Visa.
According to Uganda Immigration policy, Canadian citizens must bring the following documents:
- A legal Canadian passport that is valid for at least 06 months from the date of your arrival and a blank page for verification markings.
- A digital portrait photo in any version.
- A flight ticket, better be a round-trip (required for an East Africa visa): as proof that you will not mean to overstay in Uganda for any reason.
- Optional documents: these are not compulsory documents and you can choose to add them or not.
2. What Is The Uganda e-Visa?
The Uganda e-Visa is a digital travel permit for Canadian citizens. This visa, obtained through an online application, allows the holder to cross the Ugandan border.
Canadian citizens can use the electronic system to submit an Uganda visa application from any location with an internet connection.
Canadians with the e-Visa are allowed to enter Uganda for the following reasons:
- Visiting relatives
- Medical treatment
Canadian citizens can apply for an Uganda e-Visa from their homes, offices, or anywhere they have access to the internet. This saves them from having to visit a Ugandan diplomatic mission such as an embassy or consulate.
The e-Visa must be obtained prior to departure. This ensures that the Canadian traveler has their entry permit and is prepared to enter Uganda before beginning their journey.
3. How To Apply For Uganda e-Visa From Canada
To apply for a visa to Uganda from Canada, the application procedure will not take you long to complete, simply do the following 03 steps:
- On the homepage, select "Apply Visa", and fill in relevant information.
- Second, double-check the answers to your questions to ensure that there are no errors in the information, and then proceed with the payment platform.
- Third, check your order information.
Uganda visa application for Canadians is easy. If you have difficulty in applying for an Uganda visa. Remember that we will always instruct you on what to do and that you can contact us if you have any questions.
4. Uganda e-Visa Fee For Canadian Citizens
To apply for an Uganda visa online, you have to pay two (02) kinds of visa fees, which are indicated as the Service Fee and Government Fee. In addition, you can add a small fee for travel insurance to increase your chance of getting approved and more importantly, keep your benefits when traveling abroad.
For the Uganda e-visa processing time, there are 03 available options for you to choose from, depending on the processing time you want:
- Standard processing: you will get your e-visa within 03 business days if you use this service type.
- Urgent processing: with this service type, you will get your e-visa within 48 hours.
- Super-Urgent processing: this type can help you get your e-visa within just 24 business hours because of its priority.
For payment methods: there are 02 ways you can choose to pay your receipt: electronic payment (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or Paypal) and wire transfer (the Bank of Cyprus).
5. Things To Know Before Traveling To Uganda
Canadian citizens must print a copy of their Uganda e-Visa after receiving it via email.
To enter the country, the printed e-Visa must be presented upon arrival. The traveler must also bring the same Canadian passport that was used to apply for the visa.
Canadians with a single-entry tourist e-Visa for Uganda can stay for up to three (03) months.
Uganda Visa Requirements for Canada Citizens FAQs
Canadian passport holders must have a visa in order to enter Uganda. Canada is not on the visa-free country lists of Uganda. Canadian nationals can apply for an Uganda visa via:
- Apply for an Uganda visa online (e-visa). A strongly recommended method for all travelers.
- Submit visa application at the Uganda Embassy in Canada.
- Obtain a visa upon arrival at a border crossing or airport.
Applying for an e-visa is the most efficient approach for Canadian travelers. The Uganda Ministry of Foreign Affairs introduced the electronic visa program to promote tourism and easy access to Uganda. Moreover, speed up the visa application procedure instead of getting one at the embassy.
The process to get an Uganda e-visa is conducted entirely online. Traditionally, Canadian travelers go to the Uganda Embassy or consulates to request for a visa. This traditional process is time-consuming.
The Uganda government has established the e-visa system in 2016 for more than 200 countries. Fortunately, citizens of Canada are eligible for Uganda e-visa. Uganda Immigration Services provides a step-by-step guide for Canadian applicants as below:
- Step 1: Canadian citizens will be required to provide some information using the e-visa application form such as full name, gender, D.O.B, nationalities as well as passport numbers.
- Step 2: Canadian citizens must consider which payment method they should choose and then pay for the e-visa process.
- Step 3: Once the e-visa is approved, the e-visa is sent to the applicant’s email address.
To apply for an Uganda visa online, applicants please access the application via Uganda Immigration Services. After submitting the application form, Canadian applicants will receive their Uganda ETA (e-Visa) through email in 3 business days. Canadian travelers must first review the Uganda e-visa requirements before applying in order to ensure a smooth and straightforward process.
- The passport must be valid for at least six months from the date of entry to Uganda.
- At least 2 blank pages are left for visa stamping.
- Provide information on your flight ticket.
- A scanned copy of the biographic page of the passport.
- A recent photo of the applicant preferred passport-sized photo.
For some cases, the travel plan and yellow fever vaccination which is known as Yellow Card might be required in order for the e-visa to be approved.
Need a visa urgently? The e-visa processing typically takes 03 business days. If Canadian applicants need a visa urgently? We provide a Rush Visa service. The Uganda Rush Visa is a fast-track visa processing service that allows travelers to obtain a Ugandan visa within 24 to 48 working hours. It is particularly useful for those who need to travel urgently and do not have enough time to go through the regular visa application process.
At Uganda Immigration Services, Canadian nationals can apply for an Uganda e-visa with 03 processing choices:
- Standard Processing: For Canadian citizens who need an e-visa within three business days. Travelers will have the chance to prepare some additional documents needed for an e-visa during this time.
- Urgent Processing: Canadian nationals are urgently in need of an e-visa in under two business days.
- Super-Urgent Processing: For Canadians who need an e-visa within one business day, Super Urgent is the ideal choice.
Canadian travelers can acquire an Uganda visa on arrival. However, this method is not recommended for Canadian travelers to do. Travelers may have to deal with the large numbers of people at the airport and spend a ton of time standing in a long queue on arrival. In a worse case, you may not have sufficient required documents, which can result in rejecting entry to Uganda.
The best solution for Canadian visitors is to apply for an e-visa online via Uganda Immigration Services. The process is very simple, you just need to complete a simple online form which will not take more than 20 minutes. This method is considered to be simpler than getting a visa on arrival or a traditional visa at the Embassy. Applying for an Uganda e-visa is quicker and most convenient than other forms of visa request.
For more information regarding of the visa and services, please see Uganda visa requirements for Canadian citizens.
When applying for an Uganda e-visa, Canadian applicants must also complete the 2 visa fees: The Government fee and the Service fee. While the Service fee is mostly depending on the visa services you select, the Government fee is paid to the Uganda Immigration Department in order to proceed with your visa application.
For tourist e-visa and transit visa, the government fee is $100 USD, while the East Africa e-visa is $150 USD. Please note that this fee can not be refunded once applied.
Uganda Immigration Services also provides 03 available options for the Rush Visa service for Canadian citizens. There is a different charge for each service:
- Normal service: Canadian travelers must pay US$69 when choosing this service, and they will obtain an Uganda e-visa in 3 business days.
- Urgent service: With this service, Canadian citizens can get a visa in less than 48 business hours at the price of US$79.
- Super Urgent service: Canadian nationals who need a visa in a matter of hours can use this service. Travelers must pay an extra fee of US$99 for having an e-visa within 24 business hours.