Uganda visa requirements for Canadian citizens
Africa has been known as a place of diversity and the most ideal place to explore wildlife for a long time. In recent years, countless visitors have travelled to Uganda to enjoy the feeling of going through immense meadows, kayaking on rivers or swimming under waterfalls, including visitors from Canada.
Released as a solution to solve the current disadvantages of casual visa type, the Uganda Electronic visa (e-visa) has become a new trend in traveling approval, not only in Uganda but worldwide as well.
If you are planning a trip to Uganda in the near future, you should know that all Canadian citizens are eligible for an Uganda e-visa, which is the best alternative to a consular visa because it saves you time and effort. So, How to apply for a visa to Uganda from Canada? This article will explain how to apply for an Uganda visa for Canadian citizens, as well as the requirements and costs.
Canadians must meet a few important requirements in order to obtain an e-Visa for Uganda.
1. Uganda visa requirements for Canadian citizens
Uganda, like many countries, has a number of visa requirements for Canadians. These requirements must be met in order to apply for an e-Visa.
According to Uganda's visa policy, Canadian citizens must bring the following documents:
- A legal Canadian passport which is valid for at least 06 months from the date of your arrival and a blank page for verification markings.
- A digital portrait photo in any version.
- A flight ticket, better be round-trip (requried for East Africa visa): as a proof that you will not mean to overstay in Uganda for any reasons.
- Optional documents: these are not compulsory documents and you can choose to add it or not.
2. What exactly is the Uganda e-Visa for Canadians?
The Uganda e-Visa is a digital travel permit for Canadian citizens. This visa, obtained through an online application, allows the holder to cross the Ugandan border.
Canadian citizens can use the electronic system to submit an Uganda visa application from any location with an internet connection.
Canadians can use the e-Visa to visit Uganda for a variety of reasons, including the following:
- Visiting relatives
- Medical treatment
Canadian citizens can apply for an Uganda e-Visa from their homes, offices, or anywhere they have access to the internet. This saves them from having to visit a Ugandan diplomatic mission such as an embassy or consulate.
The e-Visa must be obtained prior to departure. This ensures that the Canadian traveler has their entry permit and is prepared to enter Uganda before beginning their journey.
3. Uganda Visa Application for Canadians
To apply for a visa to Uganda from Canada. The application procedure will not take you long to complete, and you will only need to complete the following steps:
- First, carefully answer the questions in this link and choose your processing time.
- Second, double-check the answers to your questions to ensure that there are no errors in the information, and then proceed with the payment platform.
- Third, check your order information.
Uganda visa application for Canadians is easy. If you have difficulty in applying for an Uganda visa. Remember that we will always instruct you on what to do and that you can contact us if you have any questions.
4. Uganda visa cost for Canadian citizens
To apply for an Uganda visa for Canadian citizens online, you have to pay two (02) kinds of Visa Fee, which were called Service Fee and Government Fee. In addition, you can add a small fee for COVID-19 insurance to increase your chance of getting approved and more importantly, keep your benefits when traveling abroad.
For the government fee, since the USA is not on the exemption list of Uganda, you need to add this fee to a total receipt.
For the service fee, there are 03 available options for you to choose from, depending on the processing time you want:
- Normal: you will get your e-visa within 03 business days if you use this service type.
- Urgent: with this service type, you will get your e-visa within 48 hours.
- Super urgent: this type can help you get your e-visa within just 24 business hours because of its priority.
payment method: there are 02 ways you can choose to pay your receipt: electronic payment (Visa, Mastercard, American Express or Paypal) and wire transfer (HSBC bank transfer).
5. Visa to Uganda from Canada, things to keep in mind
Canadian citizens must print a copy of their Uganda e-Visa after receiving it via email.
To enter the country, the printed e-Visa must be presented upon arrival. The traveler must also bring the same Canadian passport that was used to apply for the visa.
Canadians with a single-entry tourist e-Visa for Uganda can stay for up to three months.