Uganda Visa For German Citizens - Requirements & Fees
Uganda is a place for people to enjoy wildlife because of its natural beauty. This country has a part of Victoria Lake, the second biggest lake in the world and biggest in Africa, the majestic Murchinson waterfall, and many immense meadows for wild animals to live, creating great biodiversity in this country.
Moreover, Africa and Uganda to be specific is known for huge mineral reverse, including diamond, oil and heavy metal for industries. Therefore, this is a good place for business as well.
With all these features above, obviously, Uganda is an attractive country to visit for various purposes. In case you need to enter Uganda for just a short time but do not want to waste time waiting for a response from the embassy or consulate? It is no longer your concern now thanks to the existence of the Uganda Electronic visa which is called an e-visa.
Are you a German citizen? Are you planning to travel, transit, or do business in Uganda but don't know how to apply for an Uganda visa? So, how do you apply for a Visa to Uganda from Germany? The following article will explain how to apply for an Uganda visa for German citizens, as well as the requirements and costs.
Uganda e-Visa Types For German Citizens
What is the Uganda e-visa? To answer this question, we need to know some features of the regular visa. The regular visa has a long period of stay and has no area restriction. But if you do not need those features? Are you willing to wait in line, interview, wait for a response, and more importantly, spend a large amount of money for that? Absolutely no. Then the e-visa is a solution for it.
E-visa is the visa type that has a concise procedure, a shorter waiting time, and a more inexpensive fee. Needless to say, the e-visa was born to solve the disadvantages of the casual visa. By now, there are over 150 eligible countries all over the world for this visa type, including Germany.
Currently, there are 03 different types of Uganda e-visa for German:
- e-Tourist Visa: you can stay in Uganda within 90 days from the date of your entry, Single-Entry only.
- East Africa Visa: you can stay in 3 different countries (Uganda, Kenya, Rwanda) within 90 days, Multiple-Entry available with the entry point being Uganda.
- Transit Visa: you can stay in Uganda within 7 days for transit, Single-Entry only.
Uganda e-Visa Requirements For German Citizens
To visit Uganda as a tourist, German citizens must obtain a visa.
Your German passport must be valid for at least 06 months beyond your entry date.
To have enough money on a valid credit or debit card.
To have access to an active email account.
How To Apply For Uganda e-Visa From Germany
Uganda Immigration Services takes pride in its simple and straightforward application form. It should take you about 15 minutes to complete, and if you need assistance, we have an excellent support service that is available on chat and phone 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
The application form is completed in the following steps:
- The first step will require you to enter your personal information as well as some trip-related information. Before proceeding, you must also choose a processing time and a visa type.
- The second step will require you to take a quick look at what you provided in step one to ensure that all of the information is correct. You can pay with a credit/debit card or with a Paypal account. When you're finished, you hit submit and then wait.
Uganda e-Visa Fee for German Citizens
To apply for an Uganda visa for German citizens online, you have to pay two (02) kinds of visa fees, which were called Service Fee and Government Fees.
For the government fee, since Germany is not on the exemption list of Uganda, this fee is compulsory for you.
For the cost of Rush Visa service, you can choose 1 of 3 following options, depending on your demand:
- Normal: you can get your e-visa within 03 business days if you choose this type of service.
- Urgent: with this type of service, you will get your e-visa result in 48 hours.
- Super urgent: this type of service will help you get your e-visa result within just 24 hours.
Payment method: You can choose either electronic payment (Visa, Mastercard, American Express or Paypal) or wire transfer (HSBC online transaction) to complete your payment.
Uganda Visa Requirements for Germany Citizens FAQs
The answer is Yes, German citizens must obtain a visa in order to travel to Uganda. Fortunately, the Uganda government launched the Uganda online visa (e-visa) program in 2016. Following that, citizens of eligible countries can apply for an Uganda visa online, eliminating the need to visit the Embassy or the consulate. This program helps German citizens save time and costs compared to traditional visa applications.
For more information, please see our guide on the Uganda visa requirements for German citizens, or read our FAQs section if you have any questions.
Uganda Immigration Services provides fast, convenient e-visa service, and other information about Uganda visas. German citizens can apply for a visa online and get their visa approval within 03 business days. However, applicants are required to pay two types of visa fees, indicated as the Government fee and the service fee.
The Government fee is mandatory because this is the fee paid to the Uganda Immigration Department to proceed with the visa application. There are 03 different types of Uganda visas, each having a different Government fee. For instance, the service cost for the tourist e-visa is $100, and the fee for the East Africa e-visa is $150.
The service fee is submitted to our services when you apply for a visa at Uganda Immigration Services.
Travelers from Germany must apply for an electronic visa (e-visa) before entering Uganda; the form is accessible on the Uganda Immigration Services website. After submitting the application form, the Uganda visa will be emailed to German applicants within 03 business days. However, it's important that applicants must understand the e-visa requirements before applying to avoid any unnecessary issues.
German citizens must complete the required documents beforehand:
- A scan of the passport’s biographical page. The passport is valid for at least 06 months from the date of entry into Uganda. An additional 02 blank pages for visa stamp is necessary.
- A digital passport photo of the applicant on white background.
- A valid email address - This email address will get all visa notifications and updates.
German nationals should also prepare these documents in case of necessity:
- A certification of Yellow Fever vaccination is required.
- Hotel reservation in Uganda
- Flight ticket for anyone applying for a transit e-visa or an East Africa e-visa.
To begin the visa application, select "Apply Visa" now
German citizens can acquire an e-visa for Uganda within 03 business days. The e-visa procedures can save time and be more convenient. The Ugandan government launched the ETA in 2016 to allow obtaining a visa for Uganda easier.
German citizens can apply for an Uganda e-visa from any location using a tablet, computer, or smartphone. The entire process is conducted completely online, including an online application form, submitting the visa fee, and submitting accompanying documents.
Generally, an Uganda e-visa may be acquired approximately in 03 business days. Moreover, if you need your visa real urgently, you can select the Rush Visa service.
- Standard service: Basic service with completion time is 03 business days.
- Urgent service: With this option, you will receive your visa within 48 hours. The extra cost for this service is $79.
- Super-Urgent service: when choosing super-urgent service, your visa will be delivered to you within 24 hours. The extra service fee is $99.
For additional details about the visa costs, please read more here Uganda e-visa fee.
German passport holders can also track their Uganda visa status on our website. It is important to remind readers that this service is only available to our clients on the Uganda Immigration Services website. Applicants should provide accurate information, including their Application Reference Number (or Your registered Name), passport number, and email address. To track your visa status, go to "Check Status".
Travelers from Germany are required to pay Ugandan government fees and service fees. The complete payment process takes place on a protected website. German citizens can choose between:
- Electronic payments (Credit/ Debit Card, Visa, American Express, or Paypal).
- Direct deposit, we only accept the Bank of Cyprus as the payment option.
The government fee is a condition for the Uganda Government to process applications from German applicants. This depends on the type of visa German travelers wish to apply for. The visa service charges vary depending on the service chosen by travelers from Germany. The higher fee is applied if you choose urgent or super-urgent service. The sooner you get your visa, the more it costs for the applicants.
If a German applicant wants to cancel the e-Visa and wants a refund, or chooses not to receive a visa, all refund inquiries must be submitted within 4 hours of the order being completed. Visa service orders are non-refundable after this point. Please send all required documents within 03 days. Otherwise, your refund request will be denied. Due to bank requirements, the refund process can take 2-4 weeks.