Apply For A Visa Extension in Uganda
Uganda Visa Extension
Previously, Ugandan government revisions on travel rules have made particular procedure adjustments. According to official Ugandan authorities, the authorities may extend the validity of visas, notably for foreigners presently residing within its boundaries. Foreigners benefit from this expansion since it eliminates the need to handle emergencies such as natural catastrophes or unexpected border closures when departing the nation. Furthermore, it helps to limit the number of applications at government offices, reducing the danger of disease transmission.
The program is set to end on July 31, 2020, with no automatic visa extensions beginning on August 1, 2020, unless additional modifications are supplied. Foreigners, however, can still benefit from the extension without having to submit new documentation or pay costs, allowing them to stay in Uganda for a longer length of time.
Most foreigners are required to present an Uganda visa before arriving at the airport unless they are from a visa-exempt country. Visa-exempt citizens can enter Uganda without a visa. Before arriving in Uganda, travelers must also acquire a Uganda Health Declaration Form to guarantee entry, providing information on the visitor's health status and travel history within the last 14 days. Additionally, travel insurance is highly recommended for visitors to Uganda.
Uganda Immigration Services offers the option of an eVisa to all countries globally. It is strongly recommended to opt for an eVisa instead of a regular one for its convenience. Through Uganda Immigration Services, the application process can be completed online, eliminating the need to visit an embassy or wait in queues. The approved eVisa will be emailed, and travelers can print it for presentation upon arrival in Uganda.
Uganda Immigration Services provides services to facilitate the acquisition of travel documents conveniently and securely. The platform is known for its security and has gained trust among travelers over the years.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Do I need both a visa and a Health Declaration Form for Uganda?
Unless you are from a visa-exempt country, you need a visa upon inspection at a Ugandan airport. To ensure a stress-free trip, apply for an eVisa before your flight.
All travelers, even those not requiring a visa, must have a Uganda Health Declaration Form. This form aids in identifying low-risk travelers, streamlining entry, and allowing authorities to allocate resources to more challenging immigration cases.
Which countries are exempt from visa requirements for Uganda?
Citizens from the following countries can enter Uganda without a visa. The full list is available below:
|Antigua and Barbuda
|Trinidad and Tobago
What are the requirements for an Uganda eVisa application?
To apply for a Uganda eVisa, a traveler must submit:
- A digital copy of a passport-size photo of the applicant.
- A clear and recently taken photograph of the passport biographical information page.
- Proof of Yellow Fever vaccination is REQUIRED to enter the country.
- A credit/debit card is necessary to pay for the e-visa payment.
- In some cases, the applicant may need to provide a digital photograph of a valid passport or an invitation letter (if available).
Why apply for an eVisa and a Health Declaration Form simultaneously?
Uganda mandates both a visa and a Health Declaration Form for incoming foreign travelers. Applying for both documents, available through Uganda Immigration Services, saves time and ensures a smooth process at the airport.
Is the Uganda Immigration Services website secure?
Yes, the platform is secured by top-notch security software, guaranteeing the confidentiality of applicant information. This reassures customers that only authorized Uganda Immigration Services personnel can access their data.
Where can I find more information?
Visit the Uganda Immigration Services website for comprehensive details on the application process, document eligibility, and other relevant information. For inquiries, contact us right away for more support!
- Uganda Travel Health Insurance For Travelers
- Most Common Mistakes When Applying For Uganda eVisa
- Uganda E-Visa 2024: Essential Information For Travelers
- Uganda Entry Guidelines Due To COVID-19 Pandemic
- East Africa Tourist Visa: Your Gateway to Three Remarkable Destinations
- Uganda Electronic Visa And Visa On Arrival
- Information On Uganda eVisa And East Africa Tourist Visa
- A Complete Guide To Applying For An Uganda e-Visa
- Top tourist things to do and see around Kampala
- Who is Eligible to Trek Mountain Gorillas
- Uganda to open up more museums
- Sighting the shoebill stork at the Mabamba Bay wetland in Entebbe
- 8 Things You Didn’t Know About Uganda