Uganda Visa For Australian Citizens - Requirements & Fees
- 1. Uganda e-Visa Requirements For Australian Citizens.
- 2. Uganda e-Visa Types For Australian Citizens
- 3. How To Get Uganda Online Visa For Australian Citizens
Uganda visa for Australian citizens: Uganda e-visa is an online visa that permits Australians to visit Uganda. The virtual process allows Australians citizens to gain an Uganda e-Visa quickly without going to a Ugandan Embassy to apply in person.
In this article, Australians will learn more about the requirements to get an Uganda e-Visa before traveling to this country.
1. Uganda e-Visa Requirements For Australian Citizens.
Individualities traveling with an Australian passport must have a valid visa to enter Uganda.
The quickest and most accessible way to gain a Uganda e-Visa for Australian citizens is to apply online.
Tourists from Australia must meet Uganda's visa requirements when applying for an eVisa for Uganda. Guests will need the following documents to apply for all types of Uganda e-Visa:
- An Australian passport that has a validity of 06 months from the date of entry to Uganda and has at least 02 blank pages for stamps.
- A digital photo with a clear face and background.
- For East Africa Visa: Flight Ticket to verify that Uganda is the first destination.
Besides, you should also add the Yellow fever vaccine, hotel bookings, and a tour plan on the documents for the higher rate of visa approval.
2. Uganda e-Visa Types For Australian Citizens
Since Australia is not in the exempt country list for Uganda visa, it is REQUIRED for Australian citizens to obtain a visa if they plan to have a trip in Uganda.
Types Of Uganda e-Visa For Australian Citizens
The Government of Uganda has introduced 03 Types of e-Visa of Australian nationals:
- Uganda e-tourist Visa: is valid for 03 months from the date of issuance and can be extended. Holders of this type of visa can visit Uganda for such purposes as tourism, holiday, visiting relatives or friends. You are allowed to stay in the country within 90 days from your arrival date and enter the country once.
- East Africa Visa: This sort of visa allows Australian nationals to travel to 03 East African countries: Uganda, Rwanda, Kenya at once, and Uganda is the first stop. The duration of stay is within 90 days from your date of entry in Uganda and multiple entries are allowed for this visa.
- Uganda transit e-Visa: It is used for transit purposes through Uganda. Australian citizens can transit in Uganda territory and have a short trip in the country within 07 days from the date of entry. This type of visa cannot be extended.
Cost Of Uganda e-Visa For Australian Citizens
To apply for a Uganda visa online, you have to pay two (02) types of Uganda e-Visa fee, which are called Service Fee and Government Fee .
The length of time to receive an e-Visa for Uganda depends on the type of visa service that an Australian visitor chooses.
For the Government fee, you are required to pay this fee since Australia is currently not on the exemption list of Uganda.
Uganda e-Visa Processing Time
For the service fee, there are 03 options for you, depending on the processing time you wish:
Normal Uganda e-visa: you will receive your e-visa within 03 business days if you use this type of service.
- Urgent Uganda e-Visa: with this type of service, you can get your e-visa within 48 hours.
- Super-Urgent Uganda e-Visa: this type of service is the highest priority for you. With this type of service, you can get your e-visa within 24 hours.
Payment method: After choosing what kind of service is suitable for you, you will know how much the whole process cost. To complete payment, you can pay by electronic payment (Visa, Matsercard, American Express and Paypal) or wire transfer (HSBC direct bank).
Besides, it is recommended that you purchase travel insurance or COVID-19 insurance to protect yourself against all risks while traveling to Uganda, which are not mandatory requirements for Uganda e-visa.
3. How To Get Uganda Online Visa For Australian Citizens
Uganda e-Visa is the best way nowadays for getting a Tourist, Business or Transit visa through the internet by applying online at our website.
The electronic system allows you to gain authorization to enter the country from the comfort of your own home. The activity is carried out prior to the trip, ensuring that persons wishing to visit Uganda will be issued your entry permit prior to the departure.
To successfully apply for a Uganda online visa, Australian citizens need to provide some information related to the type of visa and personal information.
- Number of Visa (to admit the e-Visa)
- Type of Visa
- Transportation Method
- Port of arrival
- Processing Time
- Need Extra Services (Covid-19 Insurance)
Finally, track the progress of Uganda eVisa in Check status.
Uganda e-Visa Application For Australian Citizens
It doesn't take long for Australian nationals to apply for a Uganda e-Visa. You must simply enter your details into a quick online form. Also, you must attach the needed supporting documents.
The required information for Australian trippers includes particular details, similar as:
- Full name
- Date of birth
You must also enter the following passport information
- Passport number
- Dates of issue and expiry
- Country and place of issue
- Dispatch address
- Phone number
- Date of arrival/departure
Traveling With The E-Visa Uganda From Australia
You should publish a dupe and bring it to Uganda along with the Australian passport registered in the operation.
The visa must be presented to a Ugandan border control officer on appearance.
Uganda Visa Requirements for Australia Citizens FAQs
Australia is not on the list of Uganda visa-free, so Australian citizens must apply for Uganda e-Visa before traveling to Uganda. Uganda is blessed to have wonderful tourist attractions that are widely dispersed across all national parks. This is the perfect tourist destination for Australian citizens to visit this country.
Fortunately, since July 2016, Uganda has implemented an e-visa program for international travelers from all around the world. The e-visa is an electronic permit that is approved by the Uganda government to give permission for travelers as well as Australian visitors to enter this country legally. Australian visitors can travel to Uganda conveniently and easily. However, Australian citizens can apply for e-visa for tourism and transit purposes only. Others who want to travel to engage in business activities or academic study must request the Uganda Embassy.
The process of applying for an e-visa is entirely online and it only takes under 20 minutes to complete the form. With just a smartphone, Australian citizens can have their own e-visa. After applying, the e-visa result will be sent to your email address within 3 working days. Learn more about Uganda visa requirements for Australian citizens here!
Australian citizens can apply for a visa online. We provide the best digital platform for Australian travelers to experience the most convenient application. By accessing our website, Australian citizens can complete the form online in just under 20 minutes at Uganda Immigration Services. The e-visa is a lot faster and more convenient than a traditional visa such as going to the Uganda Embassy.
The process of filling out the form is pretty easy. There are 3 basic steps to obtain an e-visa:
- Step 1: Complete the online form by filling in the blank with personal information and passport details (passport number). Remember to check your information carefully to make sure there are no mistakes typos or wrong information.
- Step 2: Choose the payment method - Australian citizens have 2 options for paying the e-visa fee by wire transfer by Bank of Cyprus or electronic payment method by credit/ debit card.
- Step 3: Get confirmation and receive an e-visa via your email address. Remember to print at least 2 copies of the electronic visa before arriving at the Uganda Immigration checkpoint.
To check your Kuwait e-visa status, visit the Kuwait Immigration Services website and select the "Check Status" option, followed by entering your application information (application reference or full name, passport number, email address). Applicants can find this option at the bottom of the page, within the Useful Information section. Within a few minutes, applicants will receive their visa status.
In order to have a smooth process, Australian nationals must understand what documents they need to provide to meet the e-visa requirements:
- The passport must have at least 6 months of validity remaining from the date of arrival.
- The passport must have more than 2 blank pages to be stamped at the border control.
- Travel plan - Australian travelers must submit relevant documents such as hotel reservations and flight itineraries.
- Your digital portrait photo in the last 6 months.
- At least one scanned copy of your passport biographical page.
- A working email address for receiving the ETA.
Uganda Immigration Services provides a 24/7 support center to help any Australians who are struggling with the process or preparing documents.
The Uganda Government implemented its e-Visa program in 2016, with the aim of simplifying the visa application process and making it more convenient for travelers to obtain a visa to enter Uganda. This online program made it possible for more than 200 eligible countries including Australia to complete the form in 15 minutes.
Uganda Immigration Services provides 3 types of Uganda e-visas for Australian citizens to apply for:
- Tourist e-visa: The tourist visa is valid for 3 months from the date of issuance for Australian citizens who wish to visit this beautiful country for tourism or visit their friends and relatives.
- Transit e-visa: This e-visa is valid for 7 days. During this time, travelers can take the advantage of short-term trips to explore the culture of Uganda as well.
- East Africa e-visa: If Australian nationals want to explore East Africa with a single visa, this is the ideal visa to travel between Uganda, Rwanda, and Kenya. This visa is valid for 3 months from the date of issuance.
In contrast to a traditional visa, the government of Uganda introduced the ETA in 2016. Australian citizens now can obtain a visa for Uganda within three (03) working days after submitting their application. Australian citizens can save time and money by using the online visa application process.
With Uganda Immigration Services, Australian nationals can apply for an Uganda ETA using a computer, tablet, or smartphone that is connected to the Internet from any location. The entire application process is done completely online.
Customers have three choices for visa processing times. Australian travelers can select the following options based on their needs and budgets:
- Standard processing: The standard service is the low-budget solution. Travelers from Australia may use this option if they have enough time to prepare for their trip.
- Urgent processing: Australian citizens who choose this option will receive their Uganda ETA in a maximum of 48 business hours guaranteed.
- Super Urgent processing: Australian individuals who select the Rush visa option can anticipate receiving their results in around 24 business hours.
When applying for an Uganda e-visa, Australian citizens must pay the fee to the Uganda government cost and the service cost.
The amount that the Australian applicants must pay to the Uganda government to grant their e-visa is known as the Government Fee. While the service charge is the sum that they must pay upfront for our assistance while processing an Uganda e-visa. It consists of consulting about the Uganda e-visa, receiving, checking the applicant's personal information, informing the status and results, and collecting the e-visa from the Uganda Government then sending it to the applicants in order to get their visa stamped when arriving at the Uganda ports.
At Uganda Immigration Services, the government and admin fee is $100 for Tourist & Transit e-visa and $150 for an East Africa e-visa, and it is not refundable. The service fee is determined by the duration that Australian citizens choose for their visa application to be processed:
- Standard service: The standard option only costs $69. Australian citizens will get an e-visa in 3 business days.
- Urgent service: They must pay an additional fee of $79 if they want to obtain an e-visa within 2 business days.
- Super Urgent service: If Australian nationals choose this option, they will acquire an e-visa within 24 business hours at an extra cost of $99.