Uganda Visa For Swiss Citizens - Requirements & Fees
There are good reasons why Uganda is called a wildlife paradise: a vast expanse of savannah across the country, a diverse ethnic culture, various kinds of animals, and the magnificence of nature. Therefore, many people choose Uganda as a popular travel destination.
Apart from people from countries on the visa-exemption list, citizens of over 150 countries can apply for an Uganda e-Visa, including Swiss citizens.
So, how to apply for a visa to Uganda from Switzerland? This article will explain the basic requirements for Swiss visitors to Uganda. Uganda Immigration Services offers you the best solution.
Uganda e-Visa Requirements For Swiss Citizens
Generally, Uganda e-Visa requirements and applications are easier and faster than regular visa applications. There are some documents you need to provide to apply for an Uganda e-visa for Swiss citizens.
Swiss travelers who wish to apply for an e-Visa to Uganda need to comply with a few requirements. Here's what you'll need:
- A passport is valid for at least 06 months from the date of your arrival and has at least 02 blank pages for verification markings.
- Your portrait photograph with a clear face and background.
- Flight ticket: information on your date of arrival and departure from Uganda.
In addition, to increase the chance of obtaining the Uganda e-Visa, you should attach some additional documents such as the Yellow fever vaccine, hotel bookings, and a travel itinerary.
Uganda e-Visa Types
Passengers traveling to Uganda with a Switzerland passport must have a valid Uganda visa for Swiss citizens.
Swiss citizens can use an Uganda electronic visa (e-Visa) when visiting Uganda on vacation or for other short-term visits.
The online application is the fastest and most convenient method of obtaining an Uganda visa for Swiss citizens. Apply for an Uganda e-visa now.
Currently, there are 03 types of Uganda e-visa for Swiss citizens you can choose from:
- Tourist e-visa: this type of visa is used for tourism, sightseeing, recreation, visiting relatives or friends purposes. You can use this type to enter Uganda once and stay here within 90 days from the date of your arrival. Uganda tourist e-visa can be extended.
- Transit e-visa: with this type of e-visa, you can transit and have a short trip in Uganda for up to 07 days from your arrival date. There is no extension for this visa.
- East Africa e-visa: This visa allows Swiss nationals to enter 03 countries simultaneously multiple times: Uganda, Kenya, Rwanda, and Uganda is the entry starting point. This type of visa can be extended and permit you to stay for up to 90 days from the entry date.
If Swiss citizen wishes to relocate to Uganda or work there for a living, they must first visit the Uganda Embassy or consulate to obtain the necessary visas and permits.
Check Out A Uganda e-Visa Application For Swiss Citizens
The Uganda e-visa application form should take no more than 20 minutes to complete. The process is pretty simple and easy to understand. Applicants just need to submit relevant information.
Before entering your personal information, you must choose a visa type and processing time. The personal information includes:
- Full name
- The Birth date
- Passport number.
The second request is that you make the payment and revise step one.
After submitting the Uganda e-Visa application, Switzerland travelers will receive the travel permit via email. Depending on the processing time you choose in the first step, you can expect your Uganda e-Visa to arrive via email that you provide in the online application form in PDF format from 24 business hours to 03 business days.
Besides, you can track the progress of your Uganda eVisa in Check status.
Uganda e-Visa Fees And Services For Swiss Citizens
The cost of an Uganda e-Visa for Swiss Citizens is determined by the type of visa you select as well as the processing time you select.
In addition, you can add a small fee for travel insurance to keep your benefits when traveling abroad.
For the government fee, it is compulsory because Switzerland is not on the exemption list of Uganda.
For the visa processing time service fee, there are 03 options for you, depending on the range of processing time you want:
- Normal Uganda e-Visa: You will receive your e-visa result within 03 business days when you use this service type.
- Urgent Uganda e-Visa: With this type of service, you will obtain your e-visa within 48 hours.
- Super urgent Uganda e-Visa: this type of service is the highest priority for you because you will receive your e-visa within just 24 business hours.
Payment method, you can pay your receipt by 02 ways: electronic payment (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or Paypal) or wire transfer (HSBC banking transfer).
Uganda Visa Requirements for Switzerland Citizens FAQs
Swiss passport holders must apply for a visa in order to enter Uganda. This is because Switzerland is not on Uganda's list of visa-free countries.
Applying for an e-visa online is typically the most convenient alternative for Swiss tourists making their journeys to Uganda. The Uganda Ministry of Foreign Affairs launched the electronic visa to enhance the business and tourist sectors, as well as to hasten the visa application process rather than going to the Uganda Immigration Department.
The electronic visa policy makes obtaining a visa for Uganda easier and faster for Swiss tourists. Swiss applicants often receive their visas within three business days of submitting the appropriate documentation and visa application forms. For more information about visa requirements for Swiss citizens, please visit our check-requirements guide.
The Uganda e-visa is available for Swiss visitors who wish to take a short trip to Uganda. Swiss citizens are required to pay two separate visa fees: the government fee and the Service fee. The Government Fee covers the cost of delivering the visa by the Uganda Immigration Department, whereas the Service Fee is depending on the amount of time it takes to complete the visa.
Please remember that the government fee cannot be returned after it has been applied. Furthermore, depending on how fast Swiss applicants want to obtain their Uganda visas, they may pick from a variety of Service costs.
- Normal service: Swiss tourists will receive an Uganda e-visa in 3 working days, and this service is free of charge.
- Urgent service: For a fee of US$79, Swiss travelers can obtain a visa in less than 48 business hours.
- Super-Urgent service is available to Swiss citizens who require a visa within 24 hours. Travelers must pay an additional US$99 to get an e-visa within 24 business hours.
For more information about the service costs, please read the Uganda e-visa fees here!
Before visiting Uganda, Swiss visitors must have a valid visa. Generally, Swiss applicants will get the Uganda eVisa (Electronic Travel Authorization) via email 03 business days after submitting the application form. Swiss visitors must first examine the Uganda e-visa criteria before applying to guarantee a smooth and straightforward process.
However, rather than preparing burdensome documents when visiting Uganda Embassies, Uganda Immigration Services has simplified the process for Swiss tourists to submit as few papers as possible to make their voyage more comfortable. As a result, Swiss citizens will only need the following additional documents:
- The passport must be valid for at least six months after entering Uganda. Furthermore, at least two plain pages in your passport are left for stamping.
- For people traveling with an East Africa e-visa, verifying the flight ticket is necessary.
- A copy of the passport's biographic page must be clear.
- A recently taken photo of the applicant. The photo must be on a white background.
- Proof of Yellow Fever vaccination, this document is REQUIRED for all international travelers visiting Uganda.
- Applicants may also need to verify their travel purposes, date of arrival & departure.
Apply for an Uganda visa online here and have a wonderful trip to Uganda today!
Regarding the e-visa charge, travelers from Switzerland must pay the Government fee and the Services fee. The entire payment process will take place on our secure website, which is equipped with security safeguards to prevent data leaks. Swiss applicants can pay through:
- Electronic transfer (Master Card, Visa, American Express, or Paypal)
- Or wire transfer via the Bank of Cyprus only.
Furthermore, if Swiss applicants decide to cancel their e-visa application and desire a refund, all refund claims must be sent to us within 4 hours of the time your transaction is complete. After that moment, your visa service order will no longer be refundable. You must submit the essential papers within 03 days. Otherwise, refund requests will be denied. Due to banking regulations, the refund procedure will take 02 to 04 weeks.
For more information about fees, please see the Uganda e-visa fee section
The online visa procedure for Uganda is quick and straightforward to complete. Swiss citizens can fill out an application form on the Uganda Immigration Service website. The process generally takes up to 03 business days to be processed, and the Uganda ETA (Electronic Travel Authorization) will be sent via email to the applicant after approval.
The online visa application takes around 15–20 minutes to finish. When applying for an Uganda visa online, Swiss people have 03 options for processing times:
- Standard service: Using this sort of service, Swiss applicants can get a visa to Uganda in three business days.
- Urgent service: The 48-hour processing time for visa applications is guaranteed by this service.
- Super-Urgent service: Using this service, Swiss citizens can get an Uganda e-visa within 24 hours. It will be helpful if they require a visa right away.
Swiss citizens can obtain a Uganda visa on arrival. This method, however, is not suggested for travelers. Given the possibility of a large number of people at the airport, visitors frequently spend a significant amount of time queuing in long lines for a visa on arrival. In difficult cases, if travelers do not have all of the necessary documentation, they may be denied entry into the country. It's important to check the Uganda visa requirements and prepare all necessary documents before traveling to avoid any complications.
Therefore, the best option for Swiss travelers is to apply for an e-visa online using Uganda Immigration Services. We assure you that our service procedure is more accessible than obtaining a visa on arrival or a traditional visa at the Uganda Embassy. Applying for an Uganda e-visa online is faster and less expensive than the traditional approach.