Uganda Visa For Citizens of Switzerland
Uganda visa for Switzerland: The basic requirements for Swiss visitors to Uganda. Uganda Immigration Services offers you the best solution: Uganda e-Visa for Swiss citizens (electronic visa).
There are good reasons why Uganda is called a wildlife paradise: a vast expanse of savannah across the country, a diverse ethnic culture, various kinds of animals and the magnificence of nature. Therefore, many people choose Uganda as a popular travel destination.
However, there is one thing that prevents tourists from traveling to Uganda, and that is the issue with entry approval documents. You will have to spend time and expenses to get a visa to Uganda. What is the solution? It is the Uganda electronic visa (e-visa).
Apart from people from countries on the visa-exemption list, citizens of over 150 countries can apply for an Uganda e-Visa, including Swiss citizens.
So, how to apply for a visa to Uganda from Switzerland? This article will explain Uganda e-Visas requirements for Swiss citizens, as well as the costs and types of it.
You Need To Know Uganda Visa Requirements For Swiss Citizens
Generally, Uganda e-Visa requirements and applications are easier and faster than regular visa applications. There are some documents you need to provide to apply for an Uganda e-visa for Swiss citizens.
Swiss travelers who wish to apply for an e-Visa to Uganda need to comply with a few requirements. Here's what you'll need:
- A passport valid for at least 06 months from the date of your arrival and has at least 02 blank pages for verification markings.
- Your portrait photograph with a clear face and background.
- Flight ticket (for East Africa visa): to prove that your entry point is a port inside Uganda.
In addition, to increase the chance of obtaining the Uganda e-Visa, you should attach some additional documents such as the Yellow fever vaccine, hotel bookings, and a travel itinerary.
All Types Of Uganda e-Visa For Switzerland
Passengers traveling to Uganda with a Switzerland passport must have a valid Uganda visa for Swiss citizens.
Swiss citizens can use an Uganda electronic visa (e-Visa) when visiting Uganda on vacation or for other short-term visits.
The short online application is the fastest and most convenient method of obtaining an Uganda visa for Swiss citizens.
By now, there are 03 types of Uganda e-visa for Swiss citizens you can choose:
- Uganda tourist/visit e-Visa: this type of visa is used for tourism, sightseeing, recreation, visiting relatives or friends purposes. You can use this type to enter Uganda once and stay here within 90 days from the date of your arrival. Uganda tourist e-visa can be extended.
- Uganda transit e-Visa: with this type of e-visa, you can transit and have a short trip in Uganda for up to 07 days from your arrival date. There is no extension for this visa.
- East Africa visa: This visa allows Swiss nationals to enter 03 countries simultaneously multiple times: Uganda, Kenya, Rwanda, and Uganda is the entry starting point. This type of visa can be extended and permit you to stay for up to 90 days from the entry date.
If a Swiss citizen wishes to relocate to Uganda or work there for a living, they must first visit a Ugandan embassy or consulate to obtain the necessary visas and permits.
Check Out A Uganda e-Visa Application For Swiss Citizens
The application form Uganda e-visa for Swiss citizens should take no more than 10 minutes to complete. It shouldn't take you much time to complete this form if you are completely applying online for an Uganda e-Visas for Swiss citizens.
Before entering your personal information, you must choose a visa type and processing time. The personal information includes:
- Full name
- The Birth date
- Passport number.
The second request is that you make the payment and revise step one.
After submitting the Uganda e-Visa application, Switzerland travelers will receive the travel permit via email. Depending on the processing time you choose in the first step, you can expect your Uganda e-Visa to arrive via email that you provide in the online application form in PDF format from 24 business hours to 03 business days.
Besides, you can track the progress of your Uganda eVisa in Check status.
Uganda e-Visa Fees And Services For Swiss Citizens
Uganda Immigration Services is very proud of its ability to provide excellent service at reasonable prices.
Need To Know Uganda e-Visa Fees For Switzerland
The cost of a Uganda e-Visa for Swiss Citizens is determined by the type of visa you select as well as the processing time you select.
In addition, you can add a small fee for COVID-19 insurance to keep your benefits when traveling abroad.
For the government fee, it is compulsory because Switzerland is not on the exemption list of Uganda.
And Uganda e-Visa Services For Swiss Citizens
For the visa processing time service fee, there are 03 options for you, depending on the range of processing time you want:
- Normal Uganda e-Visa: You will receive your e-visa result within 03 business days when you use this service type.
- Urgent Uganda e-Visa: With this type of service, you will obtain your e-visa within 48 hours.
- Super urgent Uganda e-Visa: this type of service is the highest priority for you because you will receive your e-visa within just 24 business hours.
Payment method, you can pay your receipt by 02 ways: electronic payment (Visa, Mastercard, American Express or Paypal) or wire transfer (HSBC banking transfer).
Uganda Visa Requirements for Switzerland Citizens FAQs
Yes. Swiss passport holders must apply for a visa in order to enter Uganda. This is because Switzerland is not on Uganda's list of visa-free countries.
Applying for an e-visa online is typically the most convenient alternative for Swiss tourists making their journeys to Uganda. The Uganda Ministry of Foreign Affairs launched the electronic visa to enhance the business and tourist sectors, as well as to hasten the visa application process rather than going to the Uganda Immigration Department.
The electronic visa policy makes obtaining a visa for Uganda easier and faster for Swiss tourists. Swiss applicants often receive their visas within three business days of submitting the appropriate documentation and visa application forms. For more information about visa requirements for Swiss citizens, please visit our check-requirements guide.
The Uganda e-visa is available for Swiss visitors who wish to take a short trip to Uganda. Swiss citizens are required to pay two separate visa fees: the Uganda government fee and the Service fee. The Government Fee covers the cost of delivering the visa by the Uganda Immigration Department, whereas the Service Fee is depending on the amount of time it takes to complete the visa.
Please remember that the government fee cannot be returned after it has been applied. Furthermore, depending on how fast Swiss applicants want to obtain their Uganda visas, they may pick from a variety of Service costs.
- Normal service: Swiss tourists will receive a Uganda e-visa in 3 working days, and this service is free of charge.
- Urgent service: For a fee of US$79, Swiss travelers can obtain a visa in less than 48 business hours.
- Super-Urgent service is available to Swiss citizens who require a visa within 24 hours. Travelers must pay an additional US$99 to get an e-visa within 24 business hours.
Before visiting Uganda, Swiss visitors must apply for a visa online through Uganda Immigration Services. Swiss applicants will get the Uganda eVisa (Electronic Travel Authorization) via email three working days after submitting the application form. Swiss visitors must first examine the Uganda e-visa criteria before applying to guarantee a smooth and straightforward process.
However, rather than preparing burdensome documents when visiting Uganda Embassies, Uganda Immigration Services has simplified the process for Swiss tourists to submit as few papers as possible to make their voyage more comfortable. As a result, Swiss citizens will only have the following additional documents on hand when we request them:
- The passport must be valid for at least six months after entering Uganda. Furthermore, at least two plain pages in your passport are left for stamping.
- For people traveling with an East Africa e-visa, verifying the flight ticket is necessary.
- A copy of the passport's biographic page must be clear.
- A recently taken photo of the applicant, on a white background.
In some cases, the trip schedule and yellow fever vaccine, known as the Yellow Card, may be required for the e-visa to be completed.
Regarding the e-visa charge, travelers from Switzerland must pay the Government fee and the Services fee. The entire payment process will take place on our secure website, which is equipped with security safeguards to prevent data leaks. Swiss applicants can pay through electronic transfer (Master Card, Visa, American Express, or Paypal) or wire transfer (Bank of Cyprus only).
Furthermore, if Swiss applicants decide to cancel their e-visa application and desire a refund, all refund claims must be sent to us within 4 hours of the time your transaction is complete. After that moment, your visa service order will no longer be refundable. You must submit the essential papers within 03 days. Otherwise, refund requests will be denied. Due to banking regulations, the refund procedure will take two to four weeks.
The online visa procedure for Uganda is quick and straightforward to complete. Swiss citizens can fill out an application form on Uganda Immigration Service website. For Swiss citizens, the following entries are required: full name, day of birth, nationality, and passport number. After the visa application is submitted, it may take up to three business days to be processed. After acceptance, the Uganda ETA (Electronic Travel Authorization) will be sent via email to the applicant.
The online Uganda e-visa request procedure takes around 15–20 minutes to finish. When applying for a Uganda visa online, Swiss people have three options for processing times:
- Standard service : Using this sort of service, Swiss applicants can get a visa to Uganda in three business days.
- Urgent service : The 48-hour processing time for visa applications is guaranteed by this service.
- Super-Urgent service : Using this service, Swiss citizens can get a Uganda e-visa within 24 hours. It will be helpful if they require a visa right away.
Yes. Swiss citizens can obtain a Uganda visa on arrival. This strategy, however, is not suggested for Swiss visitors. Given a large number of people at the airport possibly, visitors frequently spend a significant amount of time queuing in long lines for a visa on arrival. In some cases, if you have all of the necessary documentation, you will be given a visa. Travelers who do not have the necessary documentation, on the other hand, will be denied entry into Uganda.
Therefore, the best option for Swiss travelers is to apply for an e-visa online using Uganda Immigration Services. We assure you that our service procedure is more accessible than obtaining a visa on arrival or a traditional visa at the Embassy. Applying for an e-visa online is faster and less expensive than other visa requests.