Uganda visa requirements for Nigerian citizens
Uganda Visa for Nigeria: what do Nigerians need to do when they want to visit Uganda? Truly simple Uganda eVisa for Nigerian citizens (electronic visa) are available from Uganda Immigration Services.
Uganda is known as a natural paradise for a variety of reasons, including vast meadows scattered around the country, a unique ethical culture, numerous beast species, and stirring scenery. As a result, Uganda is a fascinating destination for multitudinous people, including Nigeria travelers.
Citizens from nearly 150 countries, including Nigerian citizens, can apply for an Uganda e-Visa, with the exception of those from countries on the visa - exemption list.
So, how do Nigerian citizens apply for a Uganda e visa? Uganda Immigration Services will show you the basic requirements for a Uganda e Visa and how to get visa to Uganda from Nigeria.
Things Need To Know About Uganda Visa Requirements For Nigerian Citizens:
Types Of Uganda E Visa For Nigerian Citizens
The Uganda e visa for Nigerian citizens is a type of paperwork that allows you to travel to Uganda for particular purposes. There are 03 types of Uganda e Visas in general:
- Uganda tourist e visa: used to enter Uganda for tourism and other related exertion. This type of e-visa permits you a single entry and stay in Uganda within 90 days. Tourist e-visa can be extended.
- Uganda transit e visa only enables you to stay in Uganda for seven days from the date of your arrival and cannot be extended. You will use this type of visa when you need to transit through Uganda to any other country or have a short trip of fewer than seven days.
- East Africa visa: This is a type of synthetic visa that allows you to travel to East Africa. With this e-visa type, you are allowed to enter 03 countries: Uganda, Rwanda, Kenya at the same time, and Uganda is the starting point. The total staying time is 90 days from the date of your entry, and you can enter these countries as many times as you wish.
Check Requirement Uganda Visa For Nigerian Citizens
Nigeria is not in the exempt country list for Uganda visa, so Uganda visa is Needed.
What Is The Uganda E Visa For Nigeria?
The Uganda electronic visa (e-Visa) is a type of entry permit that utmosts foreign citizens can apply for online. This includes citizens of Nigeria.
Individualities traveling with an Nigerian passport must have a valid visa to enter Uganda.
The quickest and most accessible way to gain a Uganda visa for Nigerian citizens is to apply online.
Nigerians can use this electronic system to apply for a single or multiple-entry Uganda visa for temporary stays. This is ideal for recesses, business passages, and other short- term visits.
Citizens of Nigeria who plan to move to Uganda permanently should apply for the applicable visas or permits at a Ugandan delegation or consulate.
Everything About Uganda Visa For Nigerian Citizens.
In general, the list of conditions of Uganda e-visa for Nigerian citizens is shorter and easier to meet than the list of the casual type. All you need to give is illustrated below:
- A valid Nigerian passport that is valid for at least 6 months from your entry date in Uganda with at least 02 blank runners for verification markings.
- Your portrait with a clear face and background.
- Flight ticket (for an East Africa visa) to verify that your entry point is a port in Uganda.
Additional documents: The Yellow fever vaccine, hotel bookings, and a tour plan may help your e-visa application be easier to be accepted.
How To Apply Uganda Online Visa For Nigerian Citizens
Uganda electronic visa is the most common way presently for getting a Tourist, Business or Transit visa through the internet by applying online at our website. To apply for an Uganda e-visa for Nigerian citizens you need to complete the Uganda visa operation form online for Nigeria.
Besides, you can also apply to get a regular visa at Uganda Embassy in Nigeria.
The electronic system allows Nigerians to gain authorization to enter the country from the comfort of their own home. The process is carried out before the trip, ensuring that persons wishing to visit Uganda will be issued their entry permits for their departure.
You will be able to finish it in about 10 minutes, and if you need backing, Uganda Immigration Services has an excellent support service that is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to assist you.
Nigerian Residents Should Follow 03 Simple Steps To Apply For An Uganda e-Visa:
Step 1: Fill in visa details and your personal information in the form. You'll also be asked to select a processing time for your e visa application.
- Step 2: Pay e-visa fee using wire transfer or electronic payments.
- Step 3: Get your Uganda e-Visa by checking your emails or you can also track the progress of your visa on our website.
- Step 4: Track the progress of your Uganda eVisa in Check status.
The Uganda e-Visa for Nigerian citizens has been completed.
All you have to do now is stay for the e-Visa to be sent to the email you provide in the application form. Once you receive your Uganda e-visa, you should print it out and bring it along with you during your journey.
The e-Visa Uganda Allows Nigerians To Visit The Country For The Following Reasons:
- As a tourism
- For business
- For study
- To stay with cousins, family
Uganda e-Visa Operation for Nigerian Citizens
It doesn't take long for Nigerian citizens to apply for a Uganda e-Visa. They must simply enter their details into a quick online form. Also, they must attach the demanded supporting documents.
The required information for Nigerian trippers includes particular details, similar as:
- Full name
- Date of Birth
They must also enter the following passport information
- Passport number
- Dates of issue and expiry
- Country and place of issue
- Current email address
- Phone number
Nigerian aspirants must also answer multitudinous health and security questions and give information about their trip, including.
- Address where they intend to stay in Uganda
- Purpose of visit
- Date of appearance
- Duration of intended stay
Traveling With The e-Visa Uganda From Nigeria
Nigerian travelers should publish a dupe and bring it to Uganda along with the Nigerian passport registered in the operation.
The visa must be presented to a Ugandan border control officer on appearance.
Uganda e-Visa Types/Fees For Nigerian Citizens
To apply for a Uganda visa online, you have to pay two (02) types of Uganda e-Visa Fee , which are called Service Fee and Government Fee .
The length of time that a Nigerian resident can stay in Uganda with an e-Visa depends on the type of visa that they applied for.
Fees Of Uganda e-Visa For Nigerian Citizens
Uganda Immigration Services takes great pride in its capability to give excellent service at a reasonable price.
The cost of a Uganda e-visa is determined by the type of visa and the processing time you choose.
In addition, you can add a small figure for COVID-19 and travel insurance to keep you benefits when traveling overseas in case of a circumstance.
For the government figure, it's obligatory since Nigeria is not on the immunity list of Uganda.
For the Uganda e-Visa Service Fee, It Can Vary Depending On Which Of The Three Service Orders You Select From The List Below
Normally Uganda e-Visa: if you select this option, your e-visa will arrive in three business days.
- Urgent Uganda e-Visa: you can expect to get an Uganda e-visa within 48 hours if you choose this e-visa option.
- Super urgent Uganda e-Visa: It is the fastest kind of Uganda e-visa service, and can be attained in as soon as 24 hours.
You have 02 options for paying your bill: electronic payment (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or Paypal) or direct transfer (HSBC direct transaction).
Uganda Visa Requirements for Nigeria Citizens FAQs
Yes. Nigerians have to apply for a visa before traveling to Uganda. It is part of the requirements of Uganda's immigration and travel policy. Travelers who plan to visit Uganda for vacation or business are not part of the visa-exempt countries list must get a visa. Applying for a Uganda visa at Uganda Immigration Services is fast and straightforward.
Nigerian citizens can apply for a visa based on the reason for their journey to Uganda and the duration of their stay. If approved, the visa will be valid for 90 days from the issued date.
The convenience with which applicants can apply for a Uganda e-visa from anywhere and at any time is unrivaled. The entire process (including paying the visa fee) will not take more than 20 minutes to complete. On arrival, Nigerian citizens just need to present their passports and valid visa to the immigration officer in order to enter Uganda and enjoy the country's attractions.
The short answer is Yes. Uganda, one of the most unique and intriguing tourist destinations in Africa, attracts quite a number of visitors from Nigeria each year. When the number of Nigerian visitors visiting Uganda increases in 2021, this section plays a vital role in Uganda's tourism industry's revival.
Nigeria passport holders must acquire a permit to enter Uganda. Previously, Nigerian tourists had to apply for a regular visa at an embassy or a consulate. Since the Ugandan government implemented the electronic visa (e-visa) in 2016, traveling to Uganda is easier and faster than before. Nigerian citizens with an electronic visa can enter the country for various reasons, such as tourism and transit.
- Step 1 : Fill out the form with your personal and passport information. In this stage, you must verify that the information you entered is accurate to avoid visa denial.
- Step 2 : Decide the payment option you will use and then pay the e-visa charge.
- Step 3 : Check your email inbox on a regular basis for notification of e-visa results. Please keep in mind that to be stamped at the airport, you need to carry a copy of your e-visa and your valid passport.
The procedure for acquiring a Uganda visa from Nigeria is straightforward and quick. Nigerian citizens seeking a visa to Uganda have two choices:
- Apply for a conventional visa at the Uganda Embassy or the consulate
- Or apply online through Uganda Immigration Services website
Nigerian citizens can apply for a visa to Uganda using a simple and quick online approach. In 2016, the Ugandan Government launched an electronic application mechanism to encourage short-term travel. This eVisa is granted to Nigerian nationals who wish to visit Uganda for tourism or transit purposes.
To acquire a Uganda electronic travel permit, you should fill out a simple online form with some basic information, such as your full name, gender, date of birth, nationality, and passport number (ETA). You must also possess a passport that is valid for at least six months after your entry into Uganda.
You can save time and money by applying for a Uganda e-visa online. You have two choices for paying the e-visa fee digitally.
- Using Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or Paypal.
- Wire transfer through the Bank of Cyprus.
Online visa applications for Uganda are quick and simple to complete. Applicants must first fill out an application form, available on the Uganda visa application. For Nigerian citizens, the following entries are required: full name, birthday, place of birth, nationality, and passport number. The visa application may take up to three (03) business days to be processed once it is submitted. After approval, the Uganda eVisa will be emailed to the applicant.
The entire process of the Uganda e-visa application takes about 15-20 minutes to complete for individuals from Nigeria. When registering for a Uganda visa online on the Uganda Immigration Services website, Nigerian applicants can select one from 3 different visa processing times:
- Standard service : Nigerian citizens can obtain a visa to Uganda in three business days with this type of service.
- Urgent service : This service guarantees a 24-hour processing time for visa applications.
- Super-Urgent Service : Using this service, Nigerian travelers can obtain an e-visa to Uganda within 24 hours. It will be helpful if you require a visa immediately or as soon as possible.
Yes. Nigerian visitors may acquire a Uganda visa on arrival, however, you may likely engage in the following situations:
- You may have to wait in a long queue.
- Your documents may not be sufficient.
- Your application is not correctly submitted.
- Any slightest error might result in your Uganda visa being rejected upon arrival.
Therefore, we highly recommend that Nigerian citizens apply for a visa online prior to their trip to save time and other troubles. An e-visa can be acquired at any time on any smart device with an internet connection. The entire procedure is extremely easy and will not take more than 20 minutes. To begin applying for a visa to Uganda or for other information, please visit Uganda Immigration Services and get immediate assistance.
To pay for the visa costs, applicants can pay through the following payment systems. Please note that you have to pay two types of visa fees: the Government fee and the Service fee. You should use our payment platforms to avoid unexpected loss of money. Our system accepts the following payment methods:
- Online electronic payments (Credit or Debit card, American Express, Paypal)
- Wire transfers (we only accept the bank of Cyprus)