Uganda Visa For Nigerian Citizens - Requirements & Fees
Kampala City Tour
When visiting Uganda, it is impossible for you not to visit the capital Kampala, a major commercial and administrative center in the country. In Kampala alone, it will take you a whole day if you intend to visit some of the attractions. In addition, the capital Kampala is located in an extremely convenient location. From Kampala, you can take part in tours located not far from the city. It is recommended to spend at least 2 to 3 days exploring all the attractions in Kampala.
Some must-see tourist attractions in the capital Kampala are Kasubi Tombs, Namugongo Martyrs Shrine, Kabaka’s Lakes, a burial site for Buganda Kingdom, and many more. In contrast to the wild nature, the capital Kampala is bustling with commercial buildings, vehicles, and busy life.
Local Uganda tour guides provide guests with a selection of Kampala excursions, featuring ready-made Kampala tour packages. Essentially, Kampala is known as a city on the hills, a nickname inferred from its initial placement on seven hills that provided valuable points of direction and distinction; some of these hills are directly associated with colonial history.
At Uganda Immigration Services, we provide information on services, costs, and the visa process for Uganda. If you don't have time or run into difficulties, we are also available to assist you upon request.
Uganda e-visa for Nigerien citizen
Type of Uganda e-Visa For Nigerien Citizens
Before applying for a tourist visa to Uganda, Nigerien citizens need to know what types of visas Uganda provides and how they function. We will list below and describe in detail each type of visa as follows:
- Transit Visa - This visa allows you to enter Uganda 1 time, and transit for 7 days. This visa cannot be extended. However, you can take advantage of 7 days to discover a little about Uganda.
- Tourist Visa - A tourist visa allows you to enter Uganda once, the maximum allowed time is 3 months (90 days). All tourism in Uganda is accessible for this visa holder.
- East Africa Visa - With this special visa, its function is similar to the tourist visa as above. However, in addition to Uganda, you are also allowed to explore Kenya and Rwanda. For 90 days, you are allowed unlimited travel between 3 countries. This visa cannot be extended and is also for tourism purposes only.
Uganda Visa Requirements For Nigerien Citizens
If you're looking for a new area to explore and new things to try, Uganda, often recognized as the land of ancient volcanoes, its vast wilderness, and national parks, is the place to go. However, before visiting this wonderful nation, verify whether you require a Uganda visa and, if so, what the conditions are for acquiring one.
Nigerien citizens are not exempted from visas when visiting Uganda. So visa application is REQUIRED for Nigerians before coming to Uganda. Applicants need to meet the following requirements:
- Present a valid passport that includes:
- At least 6 months remain away from the expiration date.
- Provide 2 unused pages for visa seals.
- A certificate of Yellow Fever Vaccination, if any.
- 2 passport photos, must be on white background.
- A copy of the applicant’s biographical information.
- State the purpose of your trip to Uganda.
- Confirm the contact address or accommodation booking in Uganda, if required.
Uganda visa requirements for Nigerien citizens
Applying For Uganda e-Visa For Nigerien Citizens
The visa process for Uganda has been greatly simplified with the advent of the e-visa. The e-visa to Uganda was launched by the Uganda government in 2016 and is available to international tourists. Nigerien travelers can apply for an Uganda e-visa on our Uganda Immigration Services system.
- Nigerien applicants can now register immediately via our Online application.
- Consider carefully and select the right visa type for your journey (Transit/ Tourist/ East Africa visa).
- Provide and ensure your personal information is exact.
- Full name, nationality, birthday, gender.
- Passport issued date, expiration date.
- Verify your information one last time before submission.
- Complete the final payment to begin the visa process, and allow up to 03 days for visa approval.
Rush Visa Service (Processing time)
With Rush Visa Service, also referred to as Processing Time, Nigerien applicants need to consider and select one of the three options before submitting the visa application. The service fee will be charged together with the total cost of the visa application.
- Normal Processing - With the first option, allow 3 days for the visa process to complete. You do not need to pay extra with this option.
- Urgent Processing - With the 2nd option, you will have to pay an additional $79 to get the visa as early as 48 hours.
- Super Urgent Processing - In the last option, the visa process will be completed within 24 hours at a cost of $99.
Uganda visa for Nigerien citizen
Uganda e-Visa Fee For Nigerien Citizens
Paying for Service Fee and Government Fee is a necessary step in order for your visa application to be processed and approved.
To ensure your trip to Uganda is complete and avoid any unexpected risks, we recommend that you prepare Travel Insurance or COVID-19. Although this is an optional option, it will increase the chances of your visa being accepted.
To pay the visa fee, Nigerien applicants can pay in 2 ways as follows:
- You can pay online via American Express, Paypal, Visa, and Mastercard.
- Or you can use the bank of Cyprus for direct deposit service.
Additionally, when choosing our service, pick-up service and Uganda eSim will also be included to make your journey to Uganda even more convenient.
Uganda Visa Requirements for Nigeria Citizens FAQs
Nigerian citizens must apply for a visa before traveling to Uganda. It is a requirement of Uganda's immigration and travel policy. Travelers who plan to visit Uganda for vacation or business and are not part of the visa-exempt countries list must get a visa. Applying for an Uganda visa online is fast and simple.
Nigerian citizens can apply for a visa based on the reason for their journey to Uganda and the duration of their stay. If approved, the visa will be valid for 90 days from the issued date.
The convenience with which applicants can apply for an Uganda e-visa from anywhere and at any time is unrivaled. The entire process (including paying the visa fee) will not take more than 20 minutes to complete. On arrival, Nigerian citizens just need to present their passports and valid visa to the immigration officer in order to enter Uganda and enjoy the country's attractions. For more information, please visit Uganda Immigration Services.
The short answer is Yes. Nigeria passport holders must acquire a permit to enter Uganda. Previously, Nigerian tourists had to apply for a regular visa at an embassy or a consulate. Since the Ugandan Government implemented the electronic visa (e-visa) in 2016, traveling to Uganda is easier and faster than before. Nigerian citizens with an electronic visa can enter the country for various reasons, such as tourism and transit.
Nigerian nationals can apply for an Uganda visa online (e-visa) by visiting the Uganda Immigration Services website and following the instructions below:
- Step 1: Fill out the form with your personal and passport information. In this stage, you must verify that the information you entered is accurate to avoid visa denial.
- Step 2: Decide the payment option you will use and then pay the e-visa charge. Read more about Uganda e-visa fees here.
- Step 3: Check your email inbox on a regular basis for notification of e-visa results. Please keep in mind that to be stamped at the airport, you need to carry a copy of your e-visa and your valid passport.
The procedure for acquiring an Uganda visa from Nigeria is straightforward and quick. Nigerian citizens seeking a visa to Uganda have two choices:
- Apply for a conventional visa at the Uganda Embassy or the consulate
- Or apply online through the Uganda Immigration Services website
Nigerian citizens can apply for a visa to Uganda using a simple and quick online approach. In 2016, the Ugandan Government launched an electronic application mechanism to encourage short-term travel. This eVisa is granted to Nigerian nationals who wish to visit Uganda for tourism or transit purposes.
To acquire an Uganda electronic travel permit, you should fill out a simple online form with some basic information, such as your full name, gender, date of birth, nationality, and passport number (ETA). You must also possess a passport that is valid for at least six months after your entry into Uganda.
You can save time and money by applying for an Uganda visa online. You have two choices for paying the e-visa fee digitally.
- Using Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or Paypal.
- Wire transfer through the Bank of Cyprus.
Online visa applications for Uganda are quick and simple to complete. To begin, Nigerian citizens select "Apply Visa", then follow next by providing their full name, birthday, place of birth, nationality, and passport number. The visa application generally takes up to three (03) business days to be processed once it is submitted. After approval, the Uganda e-Visa will be emailed to the applicant.
The entire process of the Uganda e-visa application takes about 15-20 minutes to complete for individuals from Nigeria. When applying for an Uganda visa online on the Uganda Immigration Services website, Nigerian applicants can select one from 3 different visa processing time services:
- Standard Service: Nigerian citizens can obtain a visa to Uganda in 03 business days with this type of service.
- Urgent Service: This service guarantees a 24-hour processing time for visa applications.
- Super-Urgent Service: Using this service, Nigerian travelers can obtain an e-visa to Uganda within 24 hours. It will be helpful if you require a visa immediately or as soon as possible.
Nigerian visitors may acquire an Uganda visa on arrival, however, keep in mind that you may likely have to engage in the following situations:
- Waiting in a long queue, or slow processing services.
- Your documents may not be sufficient.
- Your application is not been correctly submitted.
- Any slightest error might result in your Uganda entry being rejected upon arrival.
Therefore, we highly recommend that Nigerian citizens apply for a visa online prior to their trip to save time and other troubles. An e-visa can be acquired at any time on any smart device with an internet connection. The entire procedure is extremely easy and will not take more than 20 minutes. To begin applying for a visa to Uganda or for other information, please visit Uganda Immigration Services and get immediate assistance.
To pay for the visa costs, applicants can pay through the following payment systems. Please note that you have to pay two types of visa fees: the Government fee and the Service fee. You should use our payment platforms to avoid unexpected loss of money. Our system accepts the following payment methods:
- Online electronic payments (Credit or Debit card, American Express, Paypal)
- Wire transfers (we only accept the bank of Cyprus)