International Women’s Day
International Women’s Day has a long history dating back more than 100 years. In 1908, when 15,000 women protested in New York City demanding shorter working hours, better pay and the voting rights. A year later, on 28th February 1909, the Socialist Party of America celebrated the first National Woman's Day.
The idea of having an international day for women was suggested by Clara Zetkin – a German activist for women’s rights in 1910 at an International Conference of Working Women in Copenhagen. There were 100 women from many countries around the world had agreed on her suggestion in that conference. A year later, in 1911, 8th of March was first celebrated in Austria, Denmark, Germany and Switzerland. In 1917, Russian women protested for ‘Bread and Peace’ on 8th of March (on the Gregorian calendar) in the capital of the Russian Empire, Petrograd. This later marked the beginning of the February Revolution and the October Revolution made up the Russian Revolution.
In 1975, the United Nations officially recognized 8th of March as the International Women’s Day making the day celebrated annually worldwide to honor the achievements of women, promote women rights as well as gender parity.
With family, this meaningful day is also a chance for family members to show their love and appreciation to those women whom are wives, mothers and sisters for all the incredible things they have done for family as well as society.
Together join with the World to celebrate International Women’s day, we sincerely offer the special promotion with the code: WDAY20
Insert the Promo Code through The e-Visa application and service fee will be 40% OFF.
The program will end on March 31st 2020.
- Discover diverse culture in Uganda with Uganda Immigration Services
- Covid-19 PCR test in Uganda
- An old friend in Uganda is missing you on Friendship day
- Love Is In The Air
- NRM Liberation Day 2020
- Wrap the old year with a bow - Start a new one with a bang
- Shocking sale on Black Friday
- Join us if you dare for a halloween scare
- Africa - prepare to fall in love
- Travel is better with friends. 35% e-Visa discount for you and your friends to travel the world
- PACK YOUR BACK BECAUSE SUMMER IS BACK!