Uganda Visa For Central African Citizens - Requirements & Fees
The Amabeere Caves, which are often referred to as the Nyakasura Caves due to their position at Nyakasura Falls, are accessible on the Bundibugyo route, about 7 kilometers from Fort Portal. This little cavern, believed to be the birthplace of King Ndahura, has more cultural value than just natural beauty. Many of the rock formations appear shattered, but it's fascinating to wander beyond the waterfall and through the wall of vines.
It is a memorable experience to explore the Amabeera Caves. You should bring a pair of sturdy hiking boots which will assist you as you hike along the slippery slopes to the caverns. Long pants and long-sleeved shirts are also recommended, preferable. You can visit these breathtaking caves at any time of the year because the pathways are constantly slippery regardless of the wet or dry season.
Don't overlook a trip to this fantastic cultural place when you're on an Uganda Safari tour. Begin your journey through Uganda Immigration Services, and obtain your Uganda visa quickly with the simple steps in this article.
Uganda visa for citizens of Central Africa
Uganda e-Visa Requirements For Central African Citizens
Obtaining an Uganda visa for Central African citizens has become easier and faster than ever, Uganda government launched the electronic visa model in July 2016. Central African applicants now can request a visa without going to the Uganda embassy.
An Uganda visa is REQUIRED for Central African visitors to enter Uganda. Central African applicants need to ensure they meet the following condition when applying for an e-Visa.
- A valid Central African passport
- Ensure your passport is valid for at least 6 months from the intended arrival date in Uganda.
- 02 blank pages are available for visa stamping.
- A photo of the applicant in color. The photograph should be taken within the last 06 months.
- A scan of the passport’s biographical page
- A global Yellow Fever Vaccination certificate
- A flight confirmation
Central African travelers can acquire one of the following Uganda visas based on the purpose of their trips. It’s important that travelers understand the different conditions of each visa, and apply for the visa that suits them best.
- Transit Visa
- This type of visa allows you to stay in Uganda for up to 07 days while waiting for the next flight, single entrance. It is not a tourist visa, however, you are still allowed to enter and explore Uganda. This visa cannot be extended.
- e-Tourist Visa
- With this type of visa, you can enter Uganda once only and stay in the country for up to 90 days from the arrival date. Employment activities are prohibited while holding a tourist visa.
- East Africa Visa
- Another considerable option for Central African tourists, is the visa grants multiple entries into Uganda, Rwanda, and Kenya as many times as you prefer, for 90 days. Employment activities are prohibited while holding this visa.
Uganda e-visa requirements for Central African citizens
Applying For Uganda e-Visa From Central Africa Republic
The process of applying for an Uganda visa online for Central African citizens takes less than 30 minutes of your time. You can do this at your comfortable home or any place as long as you have smart devices with a stable Internet connection. As a Central African citizen, before you apply for a visa, you should have the above-mentioned requirements done. Uganda Immigration Services makes it easier for citizens of the Central African Republic to apply for an Uganda visa by designing a very simple application form.
- Access the online visa form at Uganda Immigration Services. Applicants will then access an online application and provide some personal information according to the form.
- Pay the visa fee online using electronic payment methods.
- Click the “Submit” button and send us some documents required.
- Wait for the visa to be processed.
Central African applicants can consider the Rush Visa services to request visa approval urgently.
- Normal Procedure
- An e-Visa will be sent to your email address within 03 business days. This service is also the cheapest option.
- Urgent Procedure
- An e-Visa will be sent to your email address within 48 hours. An extra fee of $79 is required.
- Super-urgent Procedure
- An e-Visa will be sent to your email address within 24 hours. An extra fee of $99 is required.
Applying for an Uganda visa for Central African citizens
Uganda e-Visa Fee For Central African Citizens
Central African applicants are REQUIRED to pay the Service Fee and the Government Fee to complete the visa application process.
Central African travelers may consider obtaining Travel insurance or COVID-19 insurance as well when traveling outside their home country. This insurance also helps their visa application be approved by the Government of Uganda easier.
The following payment methods are accepted at Uganda Immigration Services:
- Online payment: American Express, Paypal, Visa, Mastercard.
- Direct deposit: the Bank of Cyprus.
Last but not least, pick-up service and Uganda eSim are included if Central African travelers apply for an Uganda visa via our portal Uganda Immigration Services.
Uganda Visa Requirements for Central African Republic Citizens FAQs
Central African citizens need a visa to travel to Uganda. Uganda does not have a visa exemption policy for Central African citizens, so they are required to obtain a visa before their journey.
Visitors can apply for a Uganda visa in 2 ways:
- Ugandan Embassy: Apply for a paper visa at the Embassy. However, this traditional approach can be time-consuming and requires your physical presence at the appointment.
- Uganda online visa (ETA): Apply for a digital visa, or online visa (ETA) through online service. For more information, Uganda Immigration Services provides tourist online visas for Uganda.
Before making travel arrangements to Uganda, it's advisable to regularly check our website for the most up-to-date visa requirements and costs. Visa regulations can change at any time.
Uganda provides a variety of visas, including tourist, business, and work permits. However, the Uganda e-visa currently only permits visitors to enter the country for tourism and transit purposes. Uganda Immigration Services provides the following 3 types of Uganda tourist e-visa:
- Tourist e-Visa: Applicants can travel to Uganda for tourism purposes for a 90-day duration of stay. This visa allows a single entry and it cannot be extended.
- East Africa e-Visa: This e-visa grants multiple entries into Uganda, Kenya, and Rwanda. Visitors can travel between 3 mentioned countries within 90 days. This visa cannot be extended.
- Transit e-Visa: Visitors are allowed to remain in Uganda for 7 days during the transition to the next destination of their trip. However, visitors are permitted to engage in any tourism activity during this period.
For more details about tourist e-visa, kindly check our guide for information on Uganda eVisa and East Africa Visa here!
The process of applying for Uganda e-visa online is straightforward. In this section, we will demonstrate the instructions in a few simple steps. Central African citizens simply follow these steps:
- On our service homepage, select the "Apply Visa" option on the navigation bar.
- Provide your basic information and verify the purposes of your trip.
- Fill out the online application form with your personal and travel information, including your passport and contact information.
- Send in any necessary documentation, such as a copy of your passport and a passport-sized photograph.
- Complete your application by submitting the e-visa fees.
The processing time for e-visas typically ranges from 24 hours to 3 business days, although it may take longer during peak travel periods. Once your e-visa is approved, it will be sent to you via email. Ensure to print a copy of the e-visa to carry with you during your trip to Uganda.
In this section, we will provide some of the basic requirements to ensure a smooth application process for Uganda e-visa. The following requirements are:
- A passport: Applicants must possess a valid passport with a minimum of 06-month validity from the date of arrival in the country.
- The passport must have at least 1 blank page for visa stamping.
- A digital photograph of the applicant.
- A copy of the biographical information in the passport.
- A valid credit/ debit card for the Uganda e-visa payment.
- Proof of Yellow Fever Vaccination is REQUIRED to enter the country.
- Additionally, travelers may need to verify their date of arrival & departure in the country.
To obtain a Uganda e-Visa, Central African citizens are required to pay two types of fees: a government fee and a service fee. The government fee is remitted to the Uganda Immigration Department for processing and issuing the visa, while the service fee varies based on the number of applicants and the type of visa service requested.
The typical processing time for the visa ranges from 5 hours to 3 business days. However, applicants in urgent need of their visa can opt for the Rush Visa service, which offers three choices:
- Standard service; your eVisa is sent within 3 business days via normal processing. This is the most cost-effective approach.
- Urgent service ensures your eVisa approval within 48 working hours (02 business days).
- Super-urgent service assures that individuals obtain their Uganda eVisa within 24 working hours.
Visa payments can be made through various methods, including credit/debit cards such as Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or PayPal, as well as by wire transfer to the designated bank account. Central African citizens can find more details regarding Uganda e-Visa payment on our website.
Once your e-visa application is through, a confirmation email will be delivered to your email address. You will find your application reference number which is used to keep track of your application progress online. Here are the steps to check your Uganda e-visa status:
- Within our homepage, navigate to the "Check Status".
- A new page will open, prompting you to enter your visa application number and passport number.
- The subsequent page will display the status of your visa application. If your visa application is approved, the page will show your visa details and the issuance date. If your application is still under review, the page will indicate that the process is ongoing.
- If your visa application is approved, you can download and print a copy of the visa to get stamped at the airport.
Please note that the online visa tracking system is exclusively available for applicants who have applied through the Uganda Immigration Services website and does not apply to those who have used other application channels.